Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

UFC 238

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of the best cards, top to bottom, that I have seen in a while.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This card had the rarity of having a bunch of decisions that were awesome fights to watch which helped move things along.

- Kattar's performance is going to get lost in the shuffle of things but he deserves a big step up next. His boxing looked miles above Lamas and it showed. I'd be totally ok with him fighting Zabit, Ortega or Stephens next.
- I think the "Next Generation of HW" talk around Tuivasa flamed out big time on Saturday. He barely edged past Arlovski a year ago then got aired out by JDS and can't move past a gatekeeper of the division. Then again, it's HW so all he needs is a two or three fight win streak and he's probably challenging for the belt.
- If Aljo isn't fighting for the BW belt next (which he should) then I think Petr Yan is a really tough out for him and he probably doesn't want that fight. No Mercy is exceptionally good at reading guys and their tells and Munhoz had some pretty good success at that during their fight. Aljo would probably lean on his grappling pretty hard if the fight happened.
- Cowboy was on his way to being stopped in the third round but Tony fucked up big time by saying they could run it back because he's given Dana a window to deny him a title shot.
- Valentina needed a performance like that and she's hanging onto the belt for a very long time unless Nunes can make 125 and not kill herself.
- Cejudo's gimmick is tiresome but man that dude can fight. Loses points for calling out dudes who are semi-retired, all but retired and have been KO'd three fights in a row though. Like come on dude.