Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Which Hall of Fame has the highest standards?

Which major pro sports Hall of Fame still has the most highest standard of quality for members being

• Total voters

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I went to the HHOF twice. I still think that candidacy to get in the HHOF is a complete joke. The fact that Mike Vernon and Tom Barasso isn't in and other solid forwards who were never great players are in is a joke.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
wnyxmcneal said:
Did you run into Slim Citrus?
If I did, I didn't notice. There were a few people there, but most of the time it was just my father and myself checking out the different exhibits and the hoop/3-point line/free throw line that was set up near the end of your walkthrough.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
I think what hurts the NFL HOF the most to me is that if a player doesn't get in immediately, then they start getting compared to what the next generation of player is accomplishing, which to me is BS.

IMO, you should be judged by what you did against the competition of your peers, and it shouldn't matter that 10 or 20 years down the road some of your records get broken.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's a good point, Mike. The NFL evolves in ways and at rates that other leagues don't, almost to the point where all-time records are nearly meaningless. Even with the steroid era and the dead ball era and all that, baseball is basically baseball. The game is relatively timeless. Meanwhile, comparing Dick Butkus to Tedy Bruschi is a fool's game, because what Dick would do in his NFL would be attempted homicide in today's, but physically he would never match up with a modern linebacker.

Perfxion

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Every Hall is flawed. Baseball is the least messed up of all 4. The only close second is basketball. Since its entire careers that count. So a college all star coach has a fair chance. The only problem with baseball Hall is going to be 03 thorugh 20 classes since best players of their eras will not get in for "playing un-pure".

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a fucking joke that Cris Carter wasn't 1st ballot, let alone didn't make 2nd ballot.