Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in the Time of the Pandemic (3/9/20 till ?????)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I watched Smackdown a day late so, after seeing that tweet, I was expecting to see some sort of storyline explanation for this; I was even prepared to stop and watch the promo, or whatever was going to happen... and nothing?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I watched Smackdown a day late so, after seeing that tweet, I was expecting to see some sort of storyline explanation for this; I was even prepared to stop and watch the promo, or whatever was going to happen... and nothing?
It was brought up on the reboot of "Talking Smack!". Idk why WWE expects us to watch their ancillary TV shows when CWM and Slim are the only ones who watch their main show!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I only watch the PPVs. I FF'd through the two most recent SD's just to see the stuff with Roman and I think the only whole Raw I've watched since Mania was when they announced UNDERGROUND. I'm incredibly apathetic with North American wrestling right now.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jey Uso was already one of most questionable World Title challengers in WWE history. Cutting half off his name makes it even worse!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wonder if this weird Jey Uso singles main event push is WWE's weird passive aggressive way to show Jimmy Uso #2 that they don't need him?

Dandy

Reaction score
I am wandering if this doesn’t lead to a switcheroo during the match, but Heyman has planned for/expected it.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Is Jimmy the one who keeps getting busted for DUI's?

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm actually intrigued by Roman Vs Jey. It'll probably just be an extended beatdown but jey (and Jimmy) is a really good worker. IIRC it was Jey who was the first person to ever pin Roman on the main roster. The dynamic of cousins going against each other is fun and watching Roman destroy him is a great way to further establish him as a heel. Hopefully Jimmy is close to being back so he can take him out too. Eliminate the whole family.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm actually intrigued by Roman Vs Jey. It'll probably just be an extended beatdown but jey (and Jimmy) is a really good worker. IIRC it was Jey who was the first person to ever pin Roman on the main roster. The dynamic of cousins going against each other is fun and watching Roman destroy him is a great way to further establish him as a heel. Hopefully Jimmy is close to being back so he can take him out too. Eliminate the whole family.
Yeah. I'm intrigued by it from a workrate/storyline standpoint and fact that it's least credible World Title challenger since Hardcore Holly at Royal Rumble '04. If match at Clash of Champions is slightly more competitive than that, it'll be good and like CWM said, it's a good and easy way to establish Roman Reigns as a real rat bastard heel.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I could have sworn when the deal with the Amway Center was announced, it was through the end of the year. Now it’s only through October? It’s not like the Magic will need it before January.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Raw averaged 1.69 million viewers and 0.50 in 18-49, down two percent from last week in viewers and up four percent in 18-49.

shockingly good news for them but they also loaded the show up. No way they can keep that up IMO but i'm sure they're happy for the moment.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
At some point WWE will get to their baseline of viewers who will watch no matter what (or at least until they die or are moved to a nursing home). I gotta think they're getting close to that point, so I don't anticipate huge declines over the numbers they've been drawing even during MNF.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reigns/Jey is a great way to give Reigns a definitive beatdown to really sell the heel turn without having to put him against Bray (again) or Braun (again) or anyone they might want to consider pushing in the foreseeable future (Big E). If the plan is for him to face Bray next, leaving that for HIAC might be good, and no one's going to consider Jey losing to be a punishment or a shock or anything. Hell, him spending these weeks leading up to the PPV doing all the work while Roman reaps the spoils might just help put a bit of shine on Jey that they could potentially build on after Clash (not that they will)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Won Hall of Fame ballot is out. New candidates in bold. Some interesting new additions. I think it's way too early for The Big Dawg. He's definitely not a slam dunk first ballot pick like Okada. Roman has had too many stop/start pushes and promotion sabotage to go in at the moment for me. Tony Schiavone is another interesting new candidate. I don't know about HOF, but he's bolstered his chances the last couple of years. Akiyama, Taue, JYD, Fujiwara, Los Brazos, and CIMA should be in already imo.

THE HISTORICAL PERFORMERS ERA CANDIDATES
Ole Anderson
Bob Armstrong
Jerry Brisco

June Byers
Haystacks Calhoun
Wild Bull Curry
Cowboy Bob Ellis
The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane & Steve Keirn)
Don Fargo
Pampero Firpo
Black Gordman & Great Goliath

Archie "Mongolian Stomper" Gouldie
Chavo Guerrero Sr.
Rocky Johnson
The Masked Interns (Jerry Hester & Billy Garrett & Tom Anderson) w/Dr. Ken Ramey
Sputnik Monroe
Blackjack Mulligan
Miguel Perez Sr.
Johnny Rougeau
Enrique Torres
Jimmy & Johnny Valiant
Von Brauners & Saul Weingeroff
Johnny "Mr.Wrestling II" Walker

THE MODERN PERFORMERS IN U.S/CANADA CANDIDATES
Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson w/J.J. Dillon
Junkyard Dog
Edge
Bill Goldberg
Scott Hall
Matt & Jeff Hardy
Kamala
Rick Martel
Kevin Nash
Randy Orton
Brian Pillman
C.M.Punk
Roman Reigns
Sgt. Slaughter
Trish Stratus
Rick & Scott Steiner
Kevin Von Erich

Kerry Von Erich
Ultimate Warrior

WRESTLING IN JAPAN CANDIDATES
Jun Akiyama
Cima
Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Yoshiaki Fujiwara
Hayabusa
Kota Ibushi
Kyoko Inoue
Tomohiro Ishii
Tetsuya Naito
Kenny Omega
Meiko Satomura
Akira Taue

I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN MEXICO CANDIDATES
Medico Asesino
Los Brazos (Brazo de Oro & Brazo de Plata & El Brazo)
Caristico
Sangre Chicana
Jerry Estrada
La Fiera

Karloff Lagarde
Pirata Morgan
Alberto Munoz

Huracan Ramirez
Rito Romero

WRESTLING IN EUROPE/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/PACIFIC ISLANDS/AFRICA
Sypros Arion
Wayne Bridges
Big Daddy
Dominic DeNucci
Billy Joyce
George Kidd
Killer Karl Kox
Mario Milano
Kendo Nagasaki
Jackie Pallo
Rollerball Mark Rocco
Johnny Saint
Ricki Starr
Adrian Street
Otto Wanz

NON-WRESTLERS
Lord James Blears
Dave Brown
Bobby Bruns
Bob Caudle
Jim Crockett Jr.
Joe Higuchi
Jim Johnston
Takaaki Kidani
Larry Matysik
Stephanie McMahon
James Melby
Don Owen
Morris Sigel
Tony Schiavone
George Scott
Kevin Sullivan
Mike Tenay

Ted Turner
Stanley Weston
Grand Wizard

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm sure her dad mentioned her once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.