Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Racism in wrestling (but mostly WWE) thread

NYU

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mauro has been very very open about the fact that he has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Hell, there was a whole documentary about his whole struggle dealing with it. Of course people are going to be more understanding towards that person versus someone who’s condition is more unknown and has been much more combative to the public in response to criticism about his actions. Simply boiling it down to “one has been treated better because one is white and one is black” is disingenuous and ignoring a lot of other factors.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also I feel like we should clarify that mental illness (or being developmentally disabled like Super Humman) is not an excuse for being a racist.

(and afaik Mauro has never said anything racist. And as of right now, we only have anecdotal evidence Super Humman was racist. Whoop whoop?)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All of the people I know personally who love Super Humman are super woke leftist people which is just mind boggling.

Do they think watching a developmentally disabled juggalo injure himself helps the #Resistance? idk

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big Beard Booty Daddy said:
I'm actually wondering if he said "Ninja" since that's a ICP thing, and it sounded like the N word?

I mean, better than saying the n word but it's literally just a weasel word for it.

As far as the latest posts about ACH/Mauro, ACH and Mauro aren't dead on comparisons obviously but there has clearly been a lot of racism in the way ACH has been treated. You just have to look at his twitter and the way people (including this thread!) have compared him to Antonio Brown. I agree that Mauro being more open about his problems makes a difference and that ACH's problems don't excuse his own comments.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This whole ACH episode is just sad.

Whatever state of his mental health is I hope he just takes a deep breath and takes a step back for a moment (at least from social media). Cause he had opportunity to start some important conversations but it seems like it's been disrupted (for time being, at least) by him overfeeding the trolls.

My worst fear is that he's blackballing himself from the industry. Hey. If he genuinely never wants to work again. TOTALLY understood but this weekend, it just seems like he's saying a lot of stuff without thinking it through.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
ljQFzVj.jpg

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Saw this a week ago and meant to post it here but then I forgot.

https://twitter.com/Mr_Summer_Knox/status/1208942300614791174

https://twitter.com/lenayada/status/1208994304200343553

https://twitter.com/gailkimITSME/status/1209152847985684481

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
TBF I couldn't pick either of them out of a lineup. I barely remember Lena Yeda and don't remember Angela Fong at all

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have the July 3rd, 1989 Primetime Wrestling on as background noise. And Bobby Heenan pointed at Gorilla Monsoon's plush stuffed gorilla and said "Give me your Koko B. Ware doll!" :oops:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I won't watch again until Dream gets beaten into his release and we finally get NXTLivesMatter.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
More and more, I think the most woke moment in pro wrestling history is when Ricky Steamboat gave Ron Killings a title shot because he understood what systemic racism was. That was back in 2002.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The Bischoffs are bad people. However, this is a better payoff to Aces and Eights.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't say WWE made them cut it. He talked about it as part of his interview and it was cut. Segments and entire experts get cut from shows all the time. I'm not saying WWE didn't pressure them to cut it but he even says he doesn't know why it isn't in. If a and e wanted it in it would be in, just look at all the brutal shit in the Savage episode.