Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nuts Redeemed: AEW in Fall 2021

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Not sure if it's possible with Covid and the border restriction issues. But, if you did the first Owen tournament in Calgary you could sell out the biggest sports stadium they have.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure if it's possible with Covid and the border restriction issues. But, if you did the first Owen tournament in Calgary you could sell out the biggest sports stadium they have.
My best friend and I have already decided if it’s in Calgary we’re going. It’s only a 6 hour drive.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what level AEW is going to make the tournament. A TNT special level? A regular Dynamite level? Something smaller like the womens tag tournament where you will have a lot of Dark performers?

For the first one I think you would be well served to make it huge. Make it one of the 4 TNT specials in 2022. Do it from the sold out Saddledome (if Covid restrictions ease up in 2022). Have a 3 hour one night tournament with all the big stars (Omega, Punk, Danielson, Cody, Miro, Darby, Sammy, Starks, Black, Andrade etc...).

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Bryan confirms the length of his AEW deal:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I like Cage. He's a fine talent but there's others on the AEW roster who can do what he does but better (and doesn't look like a walking wellness policy). The downside to signing every big name you can get your hands on is that some people need to be shoved down the card. You can't push everyone.

As I say that, please get QT Marshall the fuck off my TV (let him work backstage exclusively).

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
cyrus constantly being cyrus ruins it a bit but the last part of the promo when he shuts up is very good

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
This is the only time I've ever found Omega entertaining. Can't wait to find Bryan/Weeby tomorrow online.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Grand Slam is the #1 trend on twitter 20 minutes before the show even starts. Incredible.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Smart booking. Good match. In fact, the best Omega match I've ever seen (see: WRESTLER, not anime). Can't wait for the rematch, but I'm hoping Bryan remembers he's the best technician in the business and doesn't run it like his WWE work.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
anytime omega works with someone who forces him to act like a real wrestler he shows what he is actually capable of. Bryan brought out the best of him here

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was a completely unnecessary, random awesome Lil Uzi Vert cameo where he just stood there while Tony Khan shooed away the Acclaimed.