Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2019-20 NHL Season - Tampa Bay Win Stanley Cup!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Lindy Ruff has been announced as the new HC of the New Jersey Devils.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm a Devils fan, but I fully admit I'm not nearly engrossed enough with much of the rest of the league to have an informed opinion on the hire. I know he was in Buffalo forever and had some success, and he's been an assistant with the Rangers the past few years. Seeing that a lot of Rangers fans are thrilled that the Devils took him off their hands. I also consulted bps' twitter account for a Buffalo perspective, but he unfortunately has yet to weigh in.

So what's the consensus? Apparently Laviolette was too pricey, per reports.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Leafs blow a 3-0 lead in game 3 and lose in overtime on Thursday.

The Leafs come back from down 3-0 with less than 4 minutes left in game 4 to win in overtime on Friday.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They haven't won a series in 16 years. I don't even know how that's possible.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Columbus and Tampa Bay going to a 2nd OT. Hell of a game. Columbus goalie is keep them in this thing. Nothing beats playoff hockey.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Seth Jones put in Time on Ice of 60:50 tonight!

Really heartbreaking loss for the Jackets, but it's their second one in 4 days. And really I don't expect them to win this series so anything they get out of this will be nice.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The Columbus goalie ended up with like an insane 85 saves too.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Pavelski hits the hat trick for Dallas and tied the game at 4-4 with 11.9 seconds left in Game 4!

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, but Hall of Famer and former #1 overall pick Dale Hawerchuck passed away earlier this week at 57 from stomach cancer.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Tampa Bay steamrolled the Bruins and knocked them out of the playoffs last night in the 2nd OT. Lightning have weapons all over and I don't know if even Rask could've made much of a difference in the series.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Tampa Bay win the Stanley Cup over the Dallas Stars in 6 Games. Victor Hedman won the Conn Smythe Trophy with 10 Goals and 12 Assists in 25 Games. A little surprised Brayden Point didn't win it but Hedman being a Defenseman with those point totals probably pushed him ahead.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though I'm happy that Steve Yzerman is back in Detroit, I wish he would've reaped the benefits of the foundation he laid in Tampa.