Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 Election

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go through the 2012 Election thread to see if people were saying this same stuff about lawsuits. I get the feeling that they were, and if so I will post the website articles containing them. I'm very curious now.

Staff member
Reaction score

I posted that last one because it proves the GOP will do literally anything to win, even when they're sure they're going to lose and think they need more time for ballots to come in (a scenario I expect may take place next week).

Anyone wanna tell me how 2008 ended? Merely filing a lawsuit or threatening to file shitloads of lawsuits doesn't mean it's going to work. This is what they do when they know they're going to lose. They start throwing shit at the wall.

Best thing about today was some black guy proselytizing for Romney to this Hispanic lady while standing in line. When he said he had Fox News shows waiting for him on DVR for when he comes home from work every day I nearly fucking gagged.

lirl

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All of the GOP desperation should give hope and optimism, imo. Texas limiting ballot drop boxes, threats of lawsuits, whacky conspiracy theories, flailing about for who to blame, etc...they sure seem to know they're going to lose. And they're getting crazier, it's happening in red states and swing states. If anything, that doesn't mean these dummies are going to steal the election, it shows that it's going to be a blue wave and the Trumpers know it.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
From that "Shy Trump" interview here are some worthwhile quotes about the credibility of the Trafalgar polling group. He also completely disputed there being "Shy Biden" people out there just because...

"So that at least suggests that there was a “shy Trump voter” phenomenon in 2016. Whether that’s the case this year, I really have absolutely no idea. We haven’t looked at that, and I just don’t know."

"It’s kind of like the people who have two Twitter accounts—the one where they tweet out pictures of their pets and children, and one where they just go give everybody a fit. Well, that “troll” account is their real emotion. And the persona that runs that troll account is the one in the ballot booth. That’s who I’m trying to get to." :rolleyes:

"Some of these national polls are not even taking into consideration the fact that Republicans have closed the gap with voter registrations. I don’t think they’re taking into account the number of low-propensity voters who are voting and who will vote on Election Day. I don’t think they’re measuring people’s genuine opinions." Yet this guy is one of the only ones who is... ignoring his blatant bias towards Trump.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

Trafalgar has Trump up 50% to 47% on a 10/30 poll with 1,088 polled in Florida. The 45-64 favored Trump 53.6% to Biden 45.1% and 65+ favored Biden 48.8% to Trump 48.5%. Not surprising that the 25-44 greatly favored Biden yet only accounted for 25.8% of the respondents.

The Public Policy poll had a similar breakdown in age groups (18-45 was 30%) yet found Biden up 52-45 with 941 polled.

Trafalgar also have Trump up by 2% in Michigan out of 1,058 polled. Again heavily weighted towards whites (81% polled) and 45+ age group.

Worth noting that Trafalgar tends to include "leaning" in their numbers. If you take those out and put them as 'Undecided' you end up with in Florida: 48% to 46% (within Margin of Error) and Michigan: Trump 46.5% vs. Biden 45% (well within Margin of Error)

Last edited:

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn. I hope those people got their votes in early.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Here's my predictions. They are based on the data and also some hope (or realistic wishful thinking). I've already explained why I think this will be different than 2016, why Biden is different than Clinton, why a small but possibly significant number may have changed their minds about Trump, etc. If I'm overconfident, I will be wrong (again) about that. And if I am wrong about my reading of the data, the mood of that electorate, etc, my reasoning mentioned above, then, again, I will admit to having been wrong.

The Dems will gain 15 seats in the House.

The Dems will have a net gain of NINE senate seats (pending a runoff). The football celebrity will defeat the good and decent Jones in Alabama. The Dems will retain in Mich and Minn. The Republicans will retain in Kentucky, Alaska, Texas, and Mississippi. Here is where I think the Dems will win:

Ossoff wins and hits 50 in GA (no runoff), the Dems win the other seat in GA but a runoff will be required. In my most hoped for upset, Harrison wins South Carolina. In the biggest upset, the Dems win Kansas. All of these states also go blue in the senate races: Maine, Montana, Iowa, North Carolina, Arizona, and Colorado.

Biden will win 52% of the popular vote to Trump's 46 (somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 million votes).

Biden will win 375 electoral votes to Trump's 163. Biden will win back Mich, Penn, Wisc, and Iowa. He will turn Ohio, NC, GA, Arizona, and Florida blue.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gov Mike Dewine disagrees with me; he thinks Trump will win Ohio in a close call. I still remember his as one of the worst toadies of the George Bush/Iraq War days when he was in the senate. And I remember him losing in 2006. '06 is one of my favorite election nights ever, the night the Bush/Iraq people finally lost power. I hope Tuesday surpasses even that.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
2006 was first election I voted it and I am honestly feeling the same “enough of this garbage” among the electorate towards the incumbency that I did then.

Hopefully, we can achieve similar results on Tuesday and in 2022. Then hopefully Democrats will utilize their power and wield off the dipshits better than they did in 2009-10. ;)

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
People aren't coming out in Dallas and Houston to vote for Trump. Those areas are going to be at 150% of their 2016 turnout.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So given the polls and turnout, when do you think the election will be called? Tuesday night? Wednesday? Or will it linger for days?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
With all due respect to Mr. Box, I'd be less surprised to see Texas turn blue than Ohio but obviously, I hope they both do!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I think Biden wins the electoral but I’m not confident about Florida and Ohio based on the slim margins they’re polling at right now.

@Kahran Ramsus I think it won’t officially be called for a few days with all of the random shit going on. Just feels like it will be extended while people deal with the fallout of an angry nazi faction.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I predicted we will know by midnight election night. I wont be mad if I'm wrong about Ohio/Texas.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm afraid the election will not be called for days after. There's no way, even in a blow out, that he's going to admit defeat. He's going to (unsuccessfully) try everything to pull our a victory.

I went to a small Halloween party last night and the few people I didn't know beforehand were all Trumpers so a heated political debate happened between them and my friends. I excused myself to use the restroom at some point so I missed a lot of the action but recall one of the girls defending the "China virus" being a hoax, George Floyd was a criminal who deserved everything, and that the president is smart for exploiting a tax loophole.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am starting to get the feeling that predictions of widespread civil unrest might be overblown. You got a small fragment on each side that is raring to go but I think most people are just going to be glad this is over with.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am starting to get the feeling that predictions of widespread civil unrest might be overblown. You got a small fragment on each side that is raring to go but I think most people are just going to be glad this is over with.

You spelled a word in "on one side" incorrectly.