Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NBA Conference Semi Finals: A Whole New Ball Game (Presented By Disney)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@cobainwasmurdered wants more discussion and I think each round of the playoffs deserves its own discussion. I think me cursing at Canadian TSMers deserves its own thread at least.

So far just one series but barring Orlando Magic suddenly transforming into their 1995 iteration, I'm assuming we'll get Bucks/Heat for the other Conference Semis.

2020 Eastern Conference Semifinals
No. 2 Toronto Raptors vs. No. 3 Boston Celtics

Game 1: Celtics 112, Raptors 94
Game 2: Celtics 102, Raptors 99 (Boston leads series 2-0)
Game 3: Sept. 3, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 4: Sept. 5, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 5: Sept. 7, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 6: Sept. 9, TBD (ESPN)
Game 7: Sept. 11, TBD (TNT)

No. 1 Milwaukee Bucks vs. No. 5 Miami Heat

Game 1: Heat 115, Bucks 104
Game 2: Heat 116, Bucks 114 (Miami leads series 2-0)
Game 3: Sept. 4, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 4: Sept. 6, 3:30 p.m. (ABC)
Game 5: Sept. 8, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 6: Sept. 10, TBD (ESPN)
Game 7: Sept. 12, TBD (TNT)

Western Conference
No. 1 Los Angeles Lakers vs. No. 4 Houston Rockets

Game 1: Sept. 4, 9 p.m. (ESPN)
Game 2: Sept. 6, 8:30 p.m. (ABC)
Game 3: Sept. 8, 9 p.m. (TNT)
Game 4: Sept. 10, TBD (TNT)
Game 5: Sept. 12, TBD (ESPN)
Game 6: Sept. 14, TBD (TNT)
Game 7: Sept. 16, TBD (TNT)

No. 2 Los Angeles Clippers vs. No. 3 Denver Nuggets

Game 1: Sept. 3, 9 p.m. (TNT)
Game 2: Sept. 5, 9 p.m. (TNT)
Game 3: Sept. 7, 9 p.m. (TNT)
Game 4: Sept. 9, 9 p.m. (ESPN)
Game 5: Sept. 11, TBD (TNT)
Game 6: Sept. 13, TBD (ESPN)
Game 7: Sept. 15, TBD (ESPN)

Last edited:

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I think I’m working myself into believing the Rockets take this series. For all the talk of Harden and Dan Tony being chokers, AD doesn’t have lots of big game experience himself. The Rockets don’t have the Bigs to match up, but the Lakers forwards aren’t the type to bully you in the paint anyway. That big lineup will also have a hard time running around and chasing shooters so if the rockets get hot, that would fuck with the Lakers’ lineup and momentum. They would be in a situation where they are dependent on Caruso and that‘s kinda fucked.

Westbrook played awful in Game 6 but he was still hobbled and made that series look closer than it was. He played much better tonight.

No need for arguments, I’m willing to do a watch bet but you gotta give me odds.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally finished the game. Game 7 Harden really showed up. 27% FG 11% from 3. OKC gave that game away at the end.

I'd be willing to do a watch bet but would need to consider it. I have zero belief in Harden and not much in Russ. Caruso is going to be all over Harden. Lakers have some good pests to throw them off their game just like OKC was doing.

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I’m working myself into believing the Rockets take this series. For all the talk of Harden and Dan Tony being chokers, AD doesn’t have lots of big game experience himself. The Rockets don’t have the Bigs to match up, but the Lakers forwards aren’t the type to bully you in the paint anyway. That big lineup will also have a hard time running around and chasing shooters so if the rockets get hot, that would fuck with the Lakers’ lineup and momentum. They would be in a situation where they are dependent on Caruso and that‘s kinda fucked.

Westbrook played awful in Game 6 but he was still hobbled and made that series look closer than it was. He played much better tonight.

No need for arguments, I’m willing to do a watch bet but you gotta give me odds.

I think Caruso might literally be the best kept secret in the NBA. Case in point:

He also plays 20-25 minutes a game and could play even more if it turns out nobody else can stop those two guys. The Lakers also dominate in the paint. They lead the league in field goal shooting and average 52 PPG in the paint. The Lakers also rank third in rebounds allowed. The last series also shows that the Rockets struggle against good defensive teams. The Lakers are four places higher in defensive rating than the Thunder were.

They'll win this series in five or six games.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope Warriors fans will at least say "thank you" for Giannis in a year or 2.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Any takers? Give me 2-1 odds.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Damn maybe I will just put real money. Odds on the watch bet have jumped to 3.5-1, still need some action so I won’t push it to the market value.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn maybe I will just put real money. Odds on the watch bet have jumped to 3.5-1, still need some action so I won’t push it to the market value.

So whoever loses will have to watch 3 and a half recommendations whereas if you lose you only need watch one LOL

Make a bet with @909 and put the Irishman up with a deadline for watching

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna take that bet cause nobody deserves odds for making that bet. The Lakers are gonna beat their ass though. This has to be one of the most underrated #1 seeds ever, and everyone thinks LeBron plays like an old dude when he still puts up god numbers.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm with 909. Not just because I lost his last NBA bet. I don't think Rockets will pose much more of a threat than the Blazers did. Houston would be lucky to take two games in the series.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Yo, does anybody know whether TNT usually re-airs the halftime show, when they show games on replay, or do they edit it out? Because I had the game running while I was downstairs cooking, but did not record it, and I accidentally hit the wrong button on the remote, when I came back up here. I lost everything before the start of the fourth quarter, and I really wanted to see the studio crew give Chuck the business, over his "guarantee."

Magic Johnson

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
Giannis Antetokounmpo showed us once again why an overseas player should never be bestowed the title of Most Valuable Player or face of the league. Much like Dirk Nowitzki before him, he is just SOFT. LeBron James, the greatest athlete of all time, would not have sat this game out, because he’s a tough-minded competitor. And more importantly, he’s American! And this is an American’s game, and always will be! Giannis just needs to go back where he came from!

(I know LeBron had that one game where he left with cramps, but at least he played the next game, ok?)

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Giannis Antetokounmpo showed us once again why an overseas player should never be bestowed the title of Most Valuable Player or face of the league. Much like Dirk Nowitzki before him, he is just SOFT. LeBron James, the greatest athlete of all time, would not have sat this game out, because he’s a tough-minded competitor. And more importantly, he’s American! And this is an American’s game, and always will be! Giannis just needs to go back where he came from!

(I know LeBron had that one game where he left with cramps, but at least he played the next game, ok?)
But Magic... What about Hakeem?