27. LA Clippers - Reggie Perry/Mississippi State
  28. Philadelphia - Paul Reed/DePaul
  29. Toronto - Jalen Harris/Nevada
  30. New Orleans - Sam Merrill/Utah State

Last edited:

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is a real interesting draft to me as I think hypothetically 3 guys (LaMelo Ball, Anthony Edwards & James Wiseman) could all go #1 and I think 2 of them go in the Top 3 for sure, but I also think both Minnesota & Golden State would like to move down from their spots, so it's going to be an interesting poker game for teams trying to move up and down.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I could see Deni jumping up for some reason. He still worries me a lot, so Idk if I want the Bulls to get him. I could see someone like Killian Hayes surprise and jump up in the top 4. Draft will be pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. This totally seems like a draft where teams should really try to take the guy that they want. I think a lot of the guys that are ranked around 5-10 could go in two of those spots 1-4.

I think Golden State probably trades out if they can find a partner in the Top 8 and still get the guy they want and maybe pick up another piece that can help them next year if the owners are willing to eat some luxury tax money without the potential of no fans in the new arena.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Movement this year could be interesting. By some accounts Minnesota and Golden State have little interest in keeping their picks and there have been rumors that the Bulls and Knicks may attempt to go up.

I actually am intrigued by Wiseman to Golden State. I don’t really have a sense of who would make sense for Minnesota to keep the pick with the new Russell/Towan combo. I mean, you’d say Edwards if Russell is going to play point but to me, I think Minnesota is better off if they can find a team willing to move a veteran. Maybe the Bulls will give them Zach LaVine back.

Saw a recent rumors the Celtics may be trying to package some of their three first rounders with interest in RJ Hampton but really, I don’t get that move. They have enough smaller guys who need minutes - they need to find a way to bolster their frontcourt if they want to stay competitive.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The more I think about it I think Edwards may be a good pick for MIN if they can't move it. That said I don't think any team should take fit at #1. Wolves aren't that good.

I actually like the thought of the Cavs trading from #5 to #2 for Wiseman. Golden State is at a really good place having the #2 for the team they have, but its such a fine line they have to walk, Wiseman or anyone else at the #2 spot will probably not get them to be the Western Conference favorite, plus there will be diminishing returns on their current team for 2022 and I think without moving the #2 I'm not sure they can get what they want for the Iggy trade exemption.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eric Woodyard of ESPN said that the Pistons are interested in LaMelo Ball and will be talking to him in a few days. I could see both Minnesota or GSW be happy to move down to #7 and pick up some assets.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The player comparisons always amaze me. There’s been a lot of hype on Anthony Edwards being the top prospect in this draft and then sources saying many NBA scouts compare him to Dion Waiters.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The player comparisons always amaze me. There’s been a lot of hype on Anthony Edwards being the top prospect in this draft and then sources saying many NBA scouts compare him to Dion Waiters.

You are so right, it is funny that Edwards gets a Wade ceiling, Waiters floor.

The Wade comp is really tough for me because even if its a college comp, Wade was so much older than Edwards in school (obviously), so that comp is tougher for me. That said if he is a guy they think can score 25 ppg, it would be hard to pass on him in the Top 1-3.

I actually liked on a podcast today when someone talked about him versus Donovan Mitchell. Where his size is obviously much better, but it can be debated whether he can score as well at Mitchell and bust his ass to be as good on defense as Mitchell tries to be.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eric Woodyard of ESPN said that the Pistons are interested in LaMelo Ball and will be talking to him in a few days. I could see both Minnesota or GSW be happy to move down to #7 and pick up some assets.
LaMelo Ball to Timberwolves just seems like terrible idea waiting to happen given Minnesota's terrible chemistry issues during the KAT era. Does anyone else think Blake's stinkass contract and the #7 pick for DeAngelo Russell & #1 pick makes sense? Despite his stinkass contract and being on decline, Blake Griffin still has a few good years left and is not a shithead and could be good frontcourt help for KAT. DeAngelo Russell could help LaMelo in backcourt and could be #1 option while LaMelo finds his legs although he'd probably be grumpy from getting traded so much.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I can’t see them moving Russell at this point. They just got him to keep Towns happy shortly before the lockdown.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It didn't make a lot of sense to me either but Idk if Blake Griffin's stinky contract and #7 pick for #1 would work $$$ wise.

KAT, Blake, and DeAngelo Russell plus whoever the #7 pick is would be a pretty damn good core. Not title contenders but good enough to gauge how good KAT really is.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Houston now has the #16 pick from the Covington trade.

I think it's safe to say that this may be an even more volatile lottery than 2013. I'm intrigued if Charlotte and Chicago do have any interest in Wiseman & Ball whether they will move up or if they will just play chicken and see if those guys fall to them.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had seen a mock draft today that had Ball falling to the Bulls at 4 with the Hornets taking Onyeka Okongwu at 3.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
A few guys I'm following: Aaron Nesmith, Saddiq Bey, Kenyon Martin Jr, and Markus Howard (hoping he at least gets drafted).

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If that happens and the Bulls pick Deni at 2 which is a rumor I've seen, is it too early to already want GarPax back? New FO is already trying to get on my bad side by bringing back Denzel Valentine. I think Wendell Carter Jr is going to end up being better than Lauri and he's only 21 years old. I would hate this trade. There's no one in this draft worth trading a pick and one of your top young guys for. This would be idiotic.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If that happens and the Bulls pick Deni at 2 which is a rumor I've seen, is it too early to already want GarPax back? New FO is already trying to get on my bad side by bringing back Denzel Valentine. I think Wendell Carter Jr is going to end up being better than Lauri and he's only 21 years old. I would hate this trade. There's no one in this draft worth trading a pick and one of your top young guys for. This would be idiotic.
Why do they think they'd need to trade up to get Deni? Most projections I've seen have him between 10-15.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was a rumor from a Golden State beat writer that said the Bulls are doing this exact trade just to take Deni at number 2. The Bulls have had multiple stories saying they love Deni. Him and Patrick Williams are the two players I keep seeing reports of them loving. If they do it to take Wiseman at 2 it might not sting as much, but I'm not too sure Wiseman will end up better than Carter in the end. Carter has so much potential and is only 21. He seemed very versatile out of the draft and Boylen was using him worse than anyone last year. He was probably The Bulls second best defender last year. I'd trade Lauri before him.

Either way this is not a draft where you trade a young guy to get a higher pick. On paper it is the worst draft since 2013. Next year is supposed to be stacked and that's when you do a trade like this.

Last edited:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Those guys tend not to last long in the league. I think the most successful guy with a statement like that was probably Andrew Bynum, who had a tremendous peak when Kobe was around to push him.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There are a ton of similar guys in the league to Edwards. I don't think he's that special. I could see most of the top 3 or 4 picks of this draft ending up being flakes and out of the league in four or five years. Perfect year to trade one of your top young guys with a pick.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

The Knicks have acquired the No. 23 pick from the Jazz in exchange for the No. 27 and No. 38 selections according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

I can see a lot of pick dealing happening today/tonight so expect the thread to start getting flooded pretty quickly.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I will try not to meltdown too bad if the whole team is traded for what ends up being worse looking prospects in a trash draft. I don't like this projected LaVine to Philly trade I'm seeing bandied about either. Will save the anguish for the chat.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'm with Brocklock. Not in favor of any of these Bulls trade rumors. This year and next, with the pandemic, are not the drafts to be spending draft capital in. This is why good teams stay good, Golden State / Patriots. They build up capital and assets from stupid teams, Bulls / Bears.

Carter was completely used wrong by Boylen. Wasting him just to move up two picks is idiotic. That would be a complete fleecing by the Warriors. Trading Carter requires you to replace him. That causes you to either spend cap money or draft capital. Just chasing their tails once again.

I understand the idea of trading Lavine to get rid of his contract and free up cap space. Bulls already will have Otto's max deal expiring after this season. How much free cap do they really need? They will just get spurned again by the big free agents.

Yes it's a new regime, but coming in and tossing the entire roster in the trash is not the way to get big time free agents to change their tune about Chicago.

Develop the younger players, let them talk other players in to coming to Chicago because it's a changed organization.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
That's the baffling thing, it's to move up two spots. It's not like he's a sweetener where the Bulls jump from say 11 to 2 or whatever where it'd at least make a little more sense in trying to trade a chip of that player caliber.

Carter's the type of guy that a good team can rely on as a depth piece to help some relief to the superstars. A guy who can give you 14-17 PPG at a peak, 8-9 RPG, a couple assists, and provide some solid defense. The guys like a Troy Murphy type role player who may not help you win 20 games himself but can help you win 4-8 games in a given season.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Bulls will probably be in the lottery again next year so it seems asinine to go all in on this draft when the next draft is supposed to be loaded.

The LaVine rumors I'm seeing is Zach to Philly for Josh Richardson, Thybuille, Number 18 pick, and maybe someone else to make salaries work. I don't think Zach is an elite player, but that seems like a lowball offer for the guy who is your best player and can put up 25 ppg.

The one good thing about this regime so far though is that nobody really has a clue what they are going to do. Every beat writer seems to have a different idea of what they are gonna do with the draft. All the beat writers were saying that AK and Eversley were gonna keep Boylen and that their top choice for the new coach was either Ime Udoka, Kenny Atkinson, or Wes Unseld Jr. KC Johnson even said that Billy Donovan wasn't even on their radar. The only NBA reporter locally or nationally that has been right about their moves has been Woj and he really hasn't said anything about what the Bulls are going to do yet. All these rumors could end up being nothing. Nobody knows anything which is something I really like about this front office.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't want that deal for Lavine. I think they would get more trading him before a trade deadline or after this season. That deal really just feels like they are chasing draft picks since it's the draft. Richardson sucks and had a player option for 2021-22 season. Bulls could always use Lavine in a sign & trade deal after this season too. Tossing him away for bench level players is not good.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The latest interesting rumors I heard was Golden State flipping the 2nd pick and Wiggins to either the Spurs for Aldridge and their lottery pick or the Pistons for Blake and their lottery pick.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

This guy sounds like an idiot reading his stuff and just because he was right about one thing doesn't mean shit. Still

raw

I DONT WANT TWO BALLS