Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Camps and Pre-Season Stuff

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Injuries are starting up now. It's feared that Dallas DT Gerald McCoy has torn his ACL with the same fears for San Francisco's RB/WR/TE Jalen Hurd.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Ravens released S Earl Thomas using the conduct detrimental to the team tag, taking the hit of $15 Million. It'll be $25 Million if Thomas wins a grievance. Reportedly Thomas threw a punch at teammate Chuck Clark (who actually led the Ravens in combined tackles last year) and was already wearing on team personnel by continuously being late to meetings starting late last season as well.

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn the Raiders traded basically nothing to get Raekwon McMillan. I have no idea why the Dolphins would do that.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe we will find out it was a Earl Thomas situation and they wanted him gone.

Or the Dolphins did what the Dolphins do.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn the Raiders traded basically nothing to get Raekwon McMillan. I have no idea why the Dolphins would do that.

McMillan was just a tackler last year. 0 Sacks, 3 TFL, and 2 QBH. The other LBs in Jerome Baker, Biegel, and Eguavoen all outplayed him statistically in terms of making plays whether it was INT/PDs, Sacks, QB Hits. Also he was an Adam Gase pick so Flores had no loyalty to him. Also Elandon Roberts and Kyle Van Noy will see starting time so I feel like McMillan was the odd man out in that picture.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Jags are trading Yannick Ngakoue to Minnesota for a 2021 2nd Rounder and a conditional 2022 5th Rounder. A little surprised they only got a 2nd Round pick but Yannick wanted out and the Jaguars didn't really have any leverage.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Thats really a pretty good deal for the Jags. Ngakoue has been done there since last year. Ngakoue is a free agent after 2020. I'm never a fan of overpaying for a potential one year rental.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And now the Jags have released Leonard Fournette.

I actually forgot he had been reported to be on the trade block, probably since as far back as the combine, but still kind of jarring. Tank for Trevor in full effect.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
And now the Jags have released Leonard Fournette.

I actually forgot he had been reported to be on the trade block, probably since as far back as the combine, but still kind of jarring. Tank for Trevor in full effect.

Really curious where he lands. He isn't the best RB but he has 2 seasons over 1,000 yards, can catch the ball a bit, and is a proven bellcow RB in a league that's been catering towards 2 or 3 headed RBBCs. I saw his contract was like $4.1 Million, which explained why teams weren't going to trade for him and possibly only get a 1 year rental out of it.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chicago is a possibility if Montgomery’s injury persists. Perhaps Philly? Might have to sit out awhile and wait for an opening.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I was thinking Chicago could be an option for Fournette. Possibly Tampa. Maybe Washington.

Last year was Fournette's best season with nearly 1700 total yards. 2018 had a slew of hamstring injuries.

I was reading somewhere where it was shitting on his 4.3 yards per carry. That's not bad at all! Montgomery was 3.7 last season.

Staff member
Reaction score
That's part of it, the other part is that he has a toxic personality. In a time when people can't interact with each other as much, I wouldn't want some dude like that to be in the group of people I have to interact with.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I don't think it's either. The Jags have no intention of paying a RB anything but a rookie contract. Hell most of their offensive skill players are on rookie contracts. They tried taking a RB early with Fournette, then realized they forgot it would be a good idea to assemble a team around him. That team doesn't want to be competitive. They aren't going to use any savings on Fournette on different positional need. They aren't a better offense in any way by cutting Fournette.

If they actually cared about improving at RB they would have drafted one in the draft. They could have figured out how to get ahead of the Colts and got Taylor, or just taken Cam Akers or JK Dobbins with their 2nd round pick. Jaguars just don't care and would rather roll out replacement level players at RB. They could have then cut Fournette after the draft and let him catch on elsewhere. Instead they would rather just not even pay another rookie RB a 2nd round contract. Cheap.

There are just too many players the Jags have had that "just don't get along with management" for me to believe its all the players. That team has the biggest culture of losing in the NFL. I hope they don't get Lawrence. He doesn't deserve to suffer on that team.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
It has to be the organization at some point. Just look at these early picks they've let walk since 2014: Blake Bortles, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Dante Fowler, T.J. Yeldon, Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, Yannick Ngakoue, and Leonard Fournette.

You can bet that several of these 2018 & 2019 picks will be out the door by next year too.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Giants signed CB/S Logan Ryan to a 1 year deal for $7.5 Million. Great get for Joe Judge's defense there and it'll help provide some stability on the backend.

Chargers defense suffered a big blow (what else is new with Chargers + Injuries) and lost Derwin James for the season. So now he'll have played just 5 games in 2 seasons.

PFT is reporting that LT Riley Reiff has told teammates he expects to be cut in Minnesota.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PFT is reporting that LT Riley Reiff has told teammates he expects to be cut in Minnesota.

Since I saw it about an hour ago, there's been an update that Reiff restructured his contract, so he's going to remain in Minnesota.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Fournette went unclaimed so he's officially a free agent.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious what his contract will be assuming it has to be a 1 year deal.

Melvin Gordon was a 2 Year, $16 Million. Todd Gurley was 1 Year for $5 Million. Carlos Hyde was 1 Year at $2.50 Million. Lamar Miller was 1 Year at $1.05 Million.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joe Mixon recovered from his migraines after agreeing to an extension for 4 years, 48 million.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kurt Cousins is a complete moron. Then again, he's friends with Trump, so it shouldn't be surprising.

Yep. Complete moron. If you think it's bullshit, don't wear it and don't play. I just wish he'd realize that even though he's a moron he may not be stupid unlike people who may prop him up for saying that and have to work in not as near of sanitized areas or are more immuno-compromised or don't have as good of health care as Cousins.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Cowboys released Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. One of those guys I think is a good player but I can never get past his name so I never really have any idea if he is or not.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Washington released Adrian Peterson which means either Bryce Love or Antonio Gibson will be the starter unless they pick somebody else up.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Devonta Freeman is still a free agent.

Washington signed Peyton Barber in the off season to a chump change contract. He's the veteran RB room voice now.

Antonio Gibson is still learning how to be a RB. He has a chance to be really good eventually, but damn these teams don't put any value in paying a veteran RB to mentor some young guys on how to play the game successfully.

I'm sure RB coach Randy Jordan will do a fine job of teaching them how to be a successful running back in the NFL from his 1100 total rushing/receiving yards across his 9 year NFL career.

Washington is trying to compete with Jacksonville in terms of being an awful franchise.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The big news: Houston signed QB DeShaun Watson to a 4 Year, $160 Million extension that lets Watson test FA in his age 30 year.

Lot of moves starting to happen. Practice Squads have been expanded to 16 players so I expect more 'surprise' cuts/stashes in that regard.

- Houston signed RB C.J. Prosise to their PS.
- New England cut RB Lamar Miller.
- Kansas City released RB DeAndre Washington.
- Atlanta released WR Laquon Treadwell.
- Cleveland waived QB Garrett Gilbert and RB Dontrell Hilliard.