Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of the Jags, they fired former 49ers moron Trent Baalke for Director of Player Personnel.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Sports reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. has been "told" the Raiders are prepared to offer impending free agent Tom Brady a two-year, $60 million contract.

IT STARTS!

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Myles Garrett was reinstated by the league, triggering Steelers fans and totally-not-racist white fans of other teams alike

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
New CBA is expected to increase the amount of teams that make the playoffs to 7 per conference, with the #1 seed now being the only team to get a first round bye

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
fazzle said:
New CBA is expected to increase the amount of teams that make the playoffs to 7 per conference, with the #1 seed now being the only team to get a first round bye

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1230276415813230592

Just about to post that. I hate it.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My initial reaction is that there was nothing wrong with the current format, but I'm not outraged or anything.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ridiculous, it was perfect the way it was already. Most years the bottom 1 or 2 teams that make it are garbage anyway.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Supposedly that's been in agreement on both sides for a long time. Other presumed CBA inclusions will be: 1st Round bye team will earn a purse for the playoff game they don't play and a possible 17 Game Season with 3 Pre-Season games starting in 2021.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm just glad the Bills ended their playoff drought when it was still 6 teams

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I believe that any increase in games played also came with assurances that the roster size would be increased as well, wasn't it? Or did that get pulled?

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not a credible sports analyst, just a blowhard that gets fat in his recliner watching TV. That said a while back I jokingly said Joe Burrow should "pull an Eli."

Now actual people with credentials are talking about this and they need to behave. Is it that slow right now? Jesus.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Flik said:
I believe that any increase in games played also came with assurances that the roster size would be increased as well, wasn't it? Or did that get pulled?

Apparently in-season game rosters would expand to 55 players with a 14 player practice squad (2 players need not be under strict time accrued limits). So it'd be an increase of 2 players for the Game Day Rosters and PS.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I routinely listen to Pat McAfee's show/watch it on youtube. This week he had Ryan Leaf on as a guest. Leaf comes off as extremely likable and matured. He's very self aware and depreciating, and has a good sense of humor about his series of screw ups in life. I enjoyed listening to his pre-draft stories, training camp, and a few other things. Worth your time. I dare say it warmed my heart to see him in a good place emotionally. He was on a fast path to total destruction and is definitely coming off as "I know I screwed up, here's how you can avoid being me."

Also, this story he told about Seau hazing him his rookie year and correcting a lot of misconceptions that had spun out of control was really nice. He seems extremely endearing, now, and not the asshole we've come to associate with 1998-few years ago.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saints_Fan_H said:
I'm not a credible sports analyst, just a blowhard that gets fat in his recliner watching TV. That said a while back I jokingly said Joe Burrow should "pull an Eli."

Now actual people with credentials are talking about this and they need to behave. Is it that slow right now? Jesus.

Burrow seemed to put a lot of it at rest with his comments at the Combine, but I think it is a non-story because the teams the have close enough assets are also franchise dumpster fires so Burrow has very little leverage, especially with his age and the fact if he actually sat out Trevor Lawrence may go ahead of him next year and cost him more money.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I agree with you, and I'm glad you followed up that Burrow has since put it to bed. Frickin slow news in football right now, with all this hand size talk and now they're moving on to who else could demand a trade if drafted by *insert team.*

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Chiefs will be declining the option for T/G Cam Erving, making him a free agent. Also the Browns are letting LB Joe Schobert walk, which kind of surprises me as he seemed to be a core lynchpin of that defense but then again it is Cleveland so...

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1236770999053541378

WTF

Well, that certainly is a logo.

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if it was just the first curve making it look like a horn. This way, it looks like an almost full circle, and an ugly one.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No lie. I assumed that was a really bad Chargers logo that was trying to trick people into thinking it was Rams logo to drive up their merch sales. But it was just a bad Rams logo. Woof.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Bills signed CB Josh Norman to a one-year, $6 million contract. Jets released CB Trumaine Johnson saving $3 Million with $12 Million in dead cap money.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28906786/nfl-players-approve-new-cba-2030

We're getting 17 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.