Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Jaguars are trading DE Calais Campbell to Baltimore for a 2020 5th Rounder.

Tannehill got PAID: Titans signed QB Ryan Tannehill to a four-year, $118 million contract. Per ESPN's Jeff Darlington, the deal includes a whopping $62 million guaranteed.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What a goddamned robbery

Did Hopkins turn into a diva last year or something? Because short of him being a locker room cancer, that trade makes zero fucking sense.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/ChaseEdmonds22/status/1239603977311981570

Lirl

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
https://twitter.com/ChaseEdmonds22/status/1239603977311981570

Lirl
Chase Edmonds thoughts is exactly what I thought. What the hell are the Texans doing?

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Krankor is gonna turn into Smues at this rate: ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Bears are "focused on acquiring" Andy Dalton or Nick Foles.

In other news
Ravens traded TE Hayden Hurst & a 4th Rounder to the Falcons for a 2nd & 5th Rounder.
Dolphins signed DL Shaq Lawson, formerly of the Bills, to a three-year, $30 million contract. Dolphins agreed to terms with OL Ereck Flowers on a three-year, $30 million contract.
ESPN's Vaughn McClure reports Austin Hooper's deal with the Browns is for four years and $44 million, and includes $23 million guaranteed.
Raiders signed former-Bears LB Nick Kwiatkoski to a three-year contract.

Staff member
Reaction score
We need four linebackers so I like the signing.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1239643423256317957

BAH GAWDDDDDD

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
We need four linebackers so I like the signing.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1239643423256317957

BAH GAWDDDDDD

San Francisco gonna get a buck stud WR to team with Deebo & Kittle and go slaughter the NFL.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9kus1EB1Nc/ <-hey Deshaun on his Instagram 5 days ago said "I'm 'bout to takeoff, I gave 'em a chance...", so likely he found out about the Hopkins trade then and there.

So yeah... Don't be too surprised if Watson does try to work his way out of Houston now. Geezus.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Kwiatkoski is a good get for the Raiders. He was pretty solid. Not sure he is starter level, but he fills in well.

Bears are in a downward spiral again. Everyone in the NFC North seems to be trending up.

I'm fine with the Bears signing whatever slew of quarterbacks gets Matt Nagy fired. The GM honestly shouldn't even bother spending big money on a QB. If/When Trubisky officially fails next season and gets perma-benched, the GM Ryan Pace is getting fired. Can't whiff on a QB you traded up for in the draft only to have 2 studs get drafted after the guy you whiffed on.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Also I'd be pissed if I was a Texans fan. Pissed! Traded an elite top 5 WR for a washed RB and a 2nd Round pick. Stupid as fuck. RBs are a dime a dozen, you just have to spend a draft pick on one.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
The Ravens did good in that Hurst trade. They originally spent a late 1st on him. To get back a 2nd for him is a win. Falcons are desperate and making Bears-like panic trades.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Raven getting Hurst for a 2nd is nuts. Dude's going to go bloody off in that offense next year.

Also, what the hell Atlanta? That is so dumb.

Krankor said:
Also I'd be pissed if I was a Texans fan. Pissed! Traded an elite top 5 WR for a washed RB and a 2nd Round pick. Stupid as fuck. RBs are a dime a dozen, you just have to spend a draft pick on one.
Went to check out how the Texans fans on Reddit are taking this not well.

Houston also took on David Johnson's contract which is full for 3 years. Even if you didn't want to pay Hopkins or raise his, you absorbed a contract for person who will not take over the starting job, so you are only saving money if Hopkins gets paid like 10 million more. If the raise goes up to like 17m a year, that's only 5m more. I don't get how this helps them with Watson, who I'm sure is out of Houston now, because of that instagram post. Hell if it is me, I just announce it publicly I'm done with the Texans.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Other way around. The Ravens traded Hurst to the Falcons. Ravens have Andrews and Boyle at TE. Hurst kind of is more of a blocking TE. Good move by the Ravens pawning him off on a desperate team like the Falcons.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Oh I read it wrong. Yeah, if they got a second, good job. How I read that wrong, I don't know.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bills are trading for Diggs. Vikings get 1st, 5th, 6th and 4th next year. Bills should have called up BOB first and given up less for a better player.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bills gave up a lot to get Diggs, especially compared to the Hopkins robbery, but I'm still excited for them to have a potential top 10 WR.

In just two years the Bills have gone from Zay Jones, Robert Foster and Kelvin Benjamin to Stefon Diggs, John Brown and Cole Beasley (not to mention Singletary in the backfield)

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
More deals went down

49ers re-signed S Jimmie Ward to a three-year, $28.5 million contract.
Giants signed LB Blake Martinez, formerly of the Packers, to a three-year, $30 million contract.
Lions signed DT Nick Williams, formerly of the Bears, to a two-year, $10 million contract. Lions agreed to terms with LB Jamie Collins, formerly of the Patriots, on a three-year, $30 million contract.
Texans signed WR Randall Cobb, formerly of the Cowboys, to a three-year, $27 million contract with $18.75 million guaranteed
Redskins agreed to terms with CB Kendall Fuller, formerly of the Chiefs, on a four-year contract.
Cowboys re-signed WR Amari Cooper to a five-year, $100 million contract with $60 million guaranteed
Bills signed LB A.J. Klein, formerly of the Saints, to a three-year, $18 million contract.
Jets agreed to terms with OT George Fant, formerly of the Seahawks, on a three-year, $30 million contract.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna be one of the more surreal moments in NFL History but it seems par for the course for these legends: Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, now Tom Brady.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What about the Chargers for Brady? I have heard them, Tampa Bay, and Miami as possibilities. I think Indy is out of the running because it seems Givers is headed there.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewater is signing a three-year deal with the Panthers, since apparently they're intent on trading Cam, per reports.

I'm really curious to see who the Patriots wind up with at QB. Really looking forward to seeing them in QB competition hell with Stidham, Dalton, and a Case Keenum (even though I know he just signed with Cleveland).

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. Brady was washed last year and they still made won the division. The Pats will be fine, at least long term as long as Belichick is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.