2020 NFL Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
What are your teams looking at? Below per spotrac.com

Patriots have an estimated $42 Million in cap space with a fair number of key Free Agents: Tom Brady, Kyle Van Noy, Devin McCourty, Matthew Slater, Nate Ebner, Jamie Collins, Phillip Dorsett, Joe Thuney, Elandon Roberts, Ted Karras, James Ferentz, Adam Butler, and Justin Bethel being the most notable. A lot of these guys are either core talents e.g. Van Noy/Slater/Bethel/Ebner or they have been key contributors e.g. Collins/McCourty/Karras/Butler.

I can see Stephen Gostkowski being released much like how they moved on at Punter this season. Patrick Chung will be 33 and has the 9th highest cap figure so he could be a restructure candidate/get a future replacement in the NFL Draft. Marcus Cannon will be 32 and has the 4th highest cap figure at $8.9 Million so I think he ends up restructuring. Jonathan Jones could go either way as he's struggled on the field and battled injury. He's only 26 but carries a $6 Mill cap figure (8th on the team) and could be potentially cut too.

Restructure Savings: Pat Chung = $927,5000, Marcus Cannon = $2.377 Million, and Jonathan Jones = $1.643 Million. If they happened to restructure Stephon Gilmore ($18.67 Cap Figure, 1st on Team) they'd save $4.777 Million.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Brady has already said he's not retiring. Now it's a case of whether or not both sides want to keep it going. I think Bill will be smart enough to let him go, but we'll see.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Art of Rasslin' said:
Brady has already said he's not retiring. Now it's a case of whether or not both sides want to keep it going. I think Bill will be smart enough to let him go, but we'll see.

I have to think on some level Belichick would love to win a Super Bowl without him just to prove who was the real person behind the Pats dynasty.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as quarterback.

I think if Pats front office and Brady get into virtual staring contest, Brady's gonna blink first. I think he needs Pats more than they need him. He's closer to Peyton Manning in 2015 than Brett Favre in 2009.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Bears extended safety Eddie Jackson this week. 4 yrs, 58.4 mil, 33 mil guaranteed. That makes him currently the highest paid safety in the league.

There were entire games this year I was unaware he was on the field. He seemed to thrive more under Fangio than Chuck Pagano.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://nesn.com/2020/01/patriots-julian-edelman-arrested-for-vandalism-after-jumping-on-car/amp/

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Luke Kuechly has retired at just 28 years old.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28486171/panthers-lb-luke-kuechly-announces-retirement-28

Probably gonna happen a lot more often nowadays since players are much more aware of how the game can fuck them up later in life.

Staff member
Reaction score
fazzle said:
Luke Kuechly has retired at just 28 years old.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28486171/panthers-lb-luke-kuechly-announces-retirement-28

Probably gonna happen a lot more often nowadays since players are much more aware of how the game can fuck them up later in life.

He's also had like...100 concussions. Maybe that's an overexaggeration. But, you know, a lot.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
He did have a lot. I've been expecting him to call it quits soon.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
5 documented concussions, as far as I know, which probably means at least another 10 undocumented.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/14/us/antonio-gates-retirement-spt-trnd/index.html

Antonio Gates also retired (again) from the Chargers after the season.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So BoB is still the coach and saying that the Texans aren't looking for a GM. You know, cause the head coach apparently gets to make those calls. They should have left his ass in KC along with Romeo and hired Bieniemy

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watching the videos of Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher being told about the HOF had me a little shocked as I would have guessed there were more than 326 people in the Hall. Googling shows me that MLB is about the same. I don't know why I would have thought the number would be higher. Maybe because of how long the leagues have been around, I guess.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
I think the Football HOF has a cap on inductions per year. Baseball doesn't.

I believe the cap on Football is 5 "modern" inductees per year. Baseball, in theory, I believe has long been 10 inductees per year. MLB and baseball itself can be traced back to the early 1870s while the NFL as a league really goes back to just 1919 which is surprisingly recent. It wasn't even until really the 1940s and 1950s that the NFL overtook college as the premiere football league.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/16/arrest-warrant-issued-for-odell-beckham-over-alleged-battery-on-police-officer/

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Chicago signed CB Tre Roberson from the CFL. He apparently turned down 9 other offers. He had 54 tackles with 3 INT in 2018 and 41 tackles with 7 INT in 2019.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Steve Atwater, Isaac Bruce, Steve Hutchinson, Edgerrin James, and Troy Polamalu will be enshrined in Canton, Ohio this summer, as announced Saturday night at NFL Honors. The enshrinees range in experience and patience; Polamalu got in in his first year of eligibility, while Atwater finally reached Canton in his 16th.

Good to see Atwater and James get in. Polamalu was gonna be a shoo-in, I'm fine enough with Hutchinson, and Bruce is worth it. Good class overall.

Reaction score
THE TUGSTER said:
EDGE IS A HOFER

BEATIN

EdgeHallofFame_crop_exact.jpg

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots are also reportedly willing to give Brady $30 Million or so to re-sign.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/wwebraywyatt/status/1224175445991657476

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jaguars are going to play back to back home games in London next year.

Maybe we'll get AEW Dynamite in the UK too one of those weeks. Special Guest Referee Jaxson de Ville. Special outside enforcer Piers Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.