Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm happy for Dak. I'm just saying if it was me as a business man, I wouldn't give him what Pat is getting.

He'll get the money from somewhere, but it wouldn't be from me if I was making the decision. Dallas has done nothing despite a ton of talent around him and behind one of the best offensive lines and RBs in football his entire career. This while he's on a rookie contract. After they pay him, the team will very likely get worse. He'd basically have to have an MVP-type or Super Bowl season this year (if they play at all) to win me over. He hasn't shown to be a QB that can carry a club just by being on it the way Patrick Mahomes and the other elite QBs past and present have done.

Watson? Yeah, him I pay. Lamar Jackson too. They are better players than Prescott is.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Looks like no fans for Philadelphia Eagles games this season

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fuck Dan Snyder. Only doing it for the money he was about to lose, not out of any sincere care for Natives.

(Older sis, adopted, is Native from the local tribe. Asked her for her thoughts, "I don't give a damn." I figured I'd get an articulate response invoking the shit she's faced through life. *shrug* )

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
If it has been there (the culture) for that long, Snyder needs to go.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's something snarky I want to articulate but he keeps coming out awkward: a company full of people that thinks a racial slur is okay ALSO employs people that don't understand "consent" ? I'm just shocked I tell you, shocked.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jets traded Jamal Adams to Seattle for a haul:

The Jets-Adams drama wasn't discussed much in this thread, but I was really hoping they'd be able to work it out. Apparently Adams torching Gase and the GM in the paper yesterday really accelerated the process. Honestly sad to see him go, but hard not to be thrilled with that return. God knows the Jets have plenty of roster holes to fill, and they got an immediate contributor in McDougald.

Reaction score
That’s a lot to give up for a safety, but Seahawks are going for it. Love it for the Jets.

Staff member
Reaction score
Adams is a great player so it will hurt the Jets this season.

That haul though. Straight up robbery.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Jets got basically two 1st Round picks and a 3rd Round pick that will be another Top 100 player in the 2021 NFL Draft. Pretty good robbery for a guy they were undoubtedly going to trade at some point. Also McDougald is up there in age but he's a solid safety in his own right.

Seattle's clearly going younger and trying to build up a new legion of boom with Adams, Tre Flowers, and Shaq Griffin. Biggest question mark is can they fill in the FS hole they currently have.

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw that Patrick Chung is sitting out and so are some other Patriots. Not surprised by that because his dad is pretty old these days. It's always weird to read some shit on ESPN about someone that you knew, lived next to, played football with, etc.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Several of the players including Hightower & Vitale have newborn babies who are like 1 month old at most. Marcus Cannon was a cancer survivor IIRC so that's why he's sitting out. I think it's the smart thing to do as even if they aren't a health risk, they can still make $150,000 with their contract tolling over to next season.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
People are trying to float that Bill is encouraging players to opt out this season as a tank measure.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Cam Newton blows, but signing him was pretty clear evidence they weren't going to try and Tank this year...unless they believe Stidham was too good and didn't want him starting!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
CHEAP PLUG.

The CXF Fantasy Football League has one opening. We start our board draft on August 3rd. If anyone is interested in taking over the vaccant team that was owned by Edwin last year let me know!

The team you'd be taking over below:

Draft Slot: Odd Rds 7th - Even Rds 10th
Keepers:
QB Philip Rivers
WR Stefon Diggs
WR AJ Green
TE Austin Hooper
RB Todd Gurley II
RB James Conner

This team also has an extra pick in a compensatory round.

Our format is:
QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, Offensive Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE), K, LB, LB, DB, DB, DL, DL, then a slew of Bench spots.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The Bills have sent their rookies home following a fifth positive test for COVID-19. They'll hold virtual meetings instead now.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
File this under another bust Ryan Pace 2017 draft pick.

Bears traded former 2nd round (pick 45) TE Adam Shaheen to the Dolphins for a conditional 2021 6th round pick.

Whaddadeal!

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Matthew Stafford, Kenny Golladay and T.J. Hockenson are among eight Lions on the COVID-list (either a positive test or exposed to a positive person). With a wife who had a brain tumor and four young daughters, I could see Stafford eventually deciding to opt out. Just throw football away already.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jesus, just cancel sports for 12 months already. Work out some sort of thing where roster limits are expanded to include this year and next year and then phase out via attrition in the coming seasons. Same with college. Allow the seniors this year to return next year at no penalty, or go to the draft at no penalty and also allow incoming freshman to be signed at no detriment to the school. There will still need to be a hard limit on numbers but raise it by 20-25 per FBS, 10-15 FCS, etc... It can't be that hard to make concessions.

But no, fucking money rules over health. I love sports, it's one of my very few interests besides video games. My entertainment will take a huge blow, but for fuck sake, I rather that than Matthew Stafford's wife dying of Covid complications, or random practice squad offensive tackle somewhere barely squeaking by with his NFL dream dies b/c a few billionaires can't do the right thing. Shit.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Doug Pederson along with another Eagles staffer tested positive for COVID. Pederson is reportedly asymptomatic but oof...

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now Matthew Stafford is off the COVID list after determining he had a false positive and testing negative three times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.