Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Regular Season: COVID Cases Rising, Teams Getting Hit

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Man... Haskins had ownership desiring his ass and he still fucked it up and got himself cut.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
....I know the man ROYALLY fucked up, ROYALLY, but I don't know that I'd cut a first rounder in year two. There are so many other ways they could punish him while preventing him from becoming a reclamation project elsewhere.

I'm wondering if this situation is something the NFLPA would get riled up about in the next few days.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I don’t know. It was a case of surprised but not surprised, all things considered.

He‘s been a bust but it isn’t like JaMarcus Russell who they let stay on the bench. They tried to keep him around the team and we keep getting these stories of conduct detrimental to team, so you can’t sit him and hope he shapes up. I actually looked the timeline up and this is pretty much the same time when the Browns cut ties with Johnny Manziel, at the end of his second year when he was having too many off field issues.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to cut your losses rather than let his attitude or off-field issues start affecting other players on the team or negatively impacting the team's belief in the head coach. No different than a Debbie Downer/Don Downer at the office who's negative to be around and starts bringing morale down, etc.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to cut your losses rather than let his attitude or off-field issues start affecting other players on the team or negatively impacting the team's belief in the head coach. No different than a Debbie Downer/Don Downer at the office who's negative to be around and starts bringing morale down, etc.

I think if he played a position where there was more than one guy on the field at the time he maybe gets another year, but I agree with HQ on this.

Hopefully for his sake, if he has the ability to be a starting level QB in the NFL, he realizes this is probably his last chance, and he's probably going to have to get lucky and choose the right situation if there are multiple situations out there for him.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fitzmagic is gone this week, dude has COVID. It's up to Tua to sink or swim for the Dolphins.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alvin Kamara had a positive COVID test, which puts next week in jeopardy for him, unless the Saints can manage to get the #1 seed.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Buffalo will be signing WR Kenny Stills as depth partly due to Beasley's injury but that's a great weapon to add.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Buffalo will be signing WR Kenny Stills as depth partly due to Beasley's injury but that's a great weapon to add.
I've always been something of a Kenny Stills truther who believed he should've been used more at his previous stops. He is pretty chirpy though, which hasn't endeared himself with his teams.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Stills would be a perfect WR3 similar to somebody like a Sammy Watkins/Demarcus Robinson in Kansas City.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Entire Saints running back room is out due to close contact with Kamara.

Or as I call it "karma."

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Everyone on the FOX pregame show was very congratulatory of the NFL season not having any stoppages and what a great job the NFL did this season. I know they had no stoppage but I don’t really agree what a great job they did. Yes, to be fair, their large rosters and staff lend to more outbreaks but there seemed to be a lot of outbreaks and things shuffled.

Reaction score
View attachment 369WE MIGHT BE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS FELLAS

FINS UP

tenor.gif

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Never thought I’d see the day the Bills were so good even their backups could stomp a top defense.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I did not expect the Saints to maintain that level of continuity at the RB position with TJJ, Hill, Trautman, and Montgomery. Also, seeing Tommy Stevens lining up at QB for the Panthers reminded me of the dumb shit move in this past draft.

And I was opening my heart to Winston and then he goes and gets a personal foul for blindsiding a defensive player. Not a good thing to pull in a week 17 game, sir.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel for the Browns. They finally make the playoffs and of course have to play the Steelers in the first round

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wtf?, Doug Pederson

Oh well don't deserve shit when you're 6-10