Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Regular Season: COVID Cases Rising, Teams Getting Hit

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw that the NFL measured something like 54? COVID related cases over the past week and are talking about expanding the playoffs to 16 teams if games get canceled later in the season.

EDIT: 56 Cases from 11/1 - 11/7, with 15 among players.

week-11-nfl-schedule.png

Last edited:

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can’t believe how many late afternoon games we got this week. Usually you get two choices, three if you are really lucky.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Matt Nagy has given Bears offensive play calling duties to OC Bill Lazor. Desperation is starting to set in at Hallas Hall.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Bills defense is straight-up garbage. Can't stop the run at all and now Allen's thrown another interception. Still the same bum QB.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Been watching a lot more Cardinals than I normally do this year. I love Kyler Murray. That throw to Hopkins at the end was insane. And it flipped my fantasy game in my favor!

Staff member
Reaction score
I really hope the Bills still win their division. January weather in Buffalo is perfect for our offense and terrible for theirs.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The way it’s going Miami will probably get it now. Have to pray your boys and KC at a minimum smack them down.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots with a strong victory over Baltimore. Cam didn't turn the ball over, Patriots pounded the rock, threw in a trick play (seriously I think Belichick trolls Harbaugh since he uses a trick play every game) for a TD no less, and the defense did enough to get some turnovers.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brees has an unspecified, unnumbered rib injury.
Multiple broken ribs, one collapsed lung. I dislocated a single rib and was a giant bitch about it for a week. This MF breaks multiple and finishes the half.

Staff member
Reaction score
Two Chiefs offensive linemen went on the COVID list. Next week not looking too bad!

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No offense but I can't believe the Giants lost to this Bears team earlier this season. That one and blowing an 11 point lead with 4 minutes to go against the Eagles last month will most likely cost them the NFC East. I mean they still suck but they have been sucking the least lately

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Christ...

"Antonio Brown, the superstar wide receiver who recently returned to the NFL after a slew of off-the-field troubles, was accused last month of angrily destroying a surveillance camera at the gated community in Hollywood where he lives and throwing his bicycle at a security-guard shack, according to a police report obtained by the Herald.

But the homeowners association president declined to press charges, according to the report, saying she feared Brown “may retaliate against her employees.”

The Bucs, in a statement reported by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport on Monday evening, said it was aware of the incident “involving Antonio Brown prior to his signing.”

Man... how long until Brown legit assaults somebody at his home (again?) and blows this chance.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Also just gonna make this a season-long thread until playoffs. That way we can get some sustained discussion and it's easier to maintain. I'll update the first post with the newest week's schedule around Tuesday.

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Christ...

"Antonio Brown, the superstar wide receiver who recently returned to the NFL after a slew of off-the-field troubles, was accused last month of angrily destroying a surveillance camera at the gated community in Hollywood where he lives and throwing his bicycle at a security-guard shack, according to a police report obtained by the Herald.

But the homeowners association president declined to press charges, according to the report, saying she feared Brown “may retaliate against her employees.”

The Bucs, in a statement reported by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport on Monday evening, said it was aware of the incident “involving Antonio Brown prior to his signing.”

Man... how long until Brown legit assaults somebody at his home (again?) and blows this chance.
Copied this:
  • Kicked out of Florida International University after fighting a security guard
  • "Don't touch me. I'm the franchise"
  • His second year in the league he took a personal stretch limo to a charity event, had them open every single expensive bottle of wine, rejected it. Refused to pay for it (charity, remember), then left. -credit Nduguu77
  • Threw fits over not getting enough targets
  • Drove 100 down McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, which has a 45 MPH speed limit
  • Trashed a condo and threw furniture out a window 14th floor window, which almost hit some people, notably a child
  • Killed a home aquarium full of piranhas and refused to pay the man who installed the tank
  • Refused to play week 17 for the Steelers
  • Dyed his mustache blonde
  • Refused to pay a chef because he thought he threatened him by placing a fish head in the freezer (the fish head was saved to make a soup)
  • Farted on a doctor
  • Demanded a trade from the Steelers
  • Became "Mr. Big Chest"
  • Threw a fit over Juju winning team MVP and trashed him on social media
  • (Allegedly) nixed a trade that would've sent him to the Bills
  • Showed up to Raiders training camp in a hot air balloon
  • Held out and refused to show up to training camp because the NFL would not approve his helmet because it was too old for their safety standards
  • Froze his feet
  • Tried to paint over his old helmet, hoping no one would notice I guess
  • Acquired a newer version of the same model of helmet, which the NFL refused to let him use
  • Picked out a new helmet and finally showed up to the Raiders
  • Got fined by the Raiders for not attending camp
  • Tweeted the fines
  • Tried to fight Mike Mayock, called him a cracker, had to be held back by Vontaze Burfict, then punted a football down the practice field and said "fine me for that"
  • Got fined for that
  • Released a video where he used audio of Jon Gruden, who didn't know he was being recorded, which is illegal in California (full disclosure, Gruden has said he gave permission, but the generally accepted theory is that he said that in the hope that it would help get him to show up to the facility and not alienate him)
  • Demanded a release from the Raiders
  • Was released
  • "GRANDMA I’M FREEEEEE! FLY LIKE A FREEEEE!"
  • Made a lot of crazy tweets saying stuff like 'Devil is a lie', a proverb about burning down a village... he made a lot of crazy tweets around this time is the point here
  • Liked a tweet about Mayock getting raped in the ass
  • Signed with the Patriots
  • Moved in with Tom Brady
  • The sexual assault allegations came out (the one where he's getting sued)
  • The sexual harassment allegations came out (the one where he's not getting sued)
  • Threatened the woman not suing him in a group text that included his lawyer and had a picture of her kids in the text
  • Got released by the Patriots after one week
  • Went off on a tweet storm and said a lot of crazy shit about a lot of people, and was supportive of people sending threats to the writer of the article detailing the sexual harassment allegations
  • Said he was done with the NFL
  • Went back to college via online classes
  • Tried to outsource his homework to Twitter
  • Wants to come back to the NFL
  • Filed several grievances to try and get more than $40 million from the Raider's and Patriots
  • Was ordered to show up for a deposition regarding trashing the condo
  • Was accused of "reprehensible behavior" during the deposition Note: I cut the specifics about the deposition so I could fit this as a single comment. You can read more about it here if you're interested, because it, like everything else, is nuts
  • Said that the Patriots have to pay him anyway, so they might as well let him play
  • Tweeted a couple of bizarre tweets about the Raiders using him for HBO ratings and the Patriots trying to steal his stuff and kept using this weird chicken based metaphor
  • Tried out for the Saints and brought an entourage and film crew to shoot a music video with him when specifically told not to do that
  • Called out Robert Kraft for his rub and tug massage session in Florida
  • Starting training for a boxing match with Logan Paul
  • Tweeted "No more white woman 2020"
  • The attorney representing him in the suit involving the condo quit
  • Used a bunch of slurs and profane language towards cops in an Instagram video he posted
  • A police youth football league cut ties with him and returned a donation after the release of the video saying there was a "irreparable rift" between the department and AB
  • Threw a bag of gummy candy dicks at the cops in a video he posted
  • Got dropped by his agent
  • Was involved in a disputed with movers at his home where he allegedly threw rocks at the movers and moving vans. He is currently being investigated for battery by the police.
  • His trainer was arrested and he is still a suspect in the battery case.
  • Warrant issued for the arrest of AB.
  • AB turns himself in to Broward Country Jail wearing this suit
  • Rumors spread about AB signing with Tampa or Seattle
  • AB announces his retirement (for what I believe is the third time, it's hard to find a good record of the rest of them)
  • Two days later AB wants to play again and is asking for the league to wrap up it's investigation
  • The NFL announces an eight game suspension for AB
  • AB signs with the Buccaneers on a one-year deal
  • Before he signed with the Buccaneers AB was accused of destroying a surveillance camera at a Florida gated community, throwing bike at a security-guard shack, and is not charged because HOA president "feared" retaliation, per police report
  • AB is under investigation by the NFL for the bike throwing incident

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Giants fired OL Coach Marc Colombo after he had a confrontation with Joe Judge. Dave DeGuglielmo is replacing him. Gugs worked with the Patriots for a couple seasons as well as coaching under Brian Flores last year in Miami.

Staff member
Reaction score
This doesn't seem ideal:

Yeah um...I'm not sure these guys have it, and hopefully they don't. This being the Raiders and shit I bet they won't even postpone the game until Monday or Tuesday. The team literally can't fill a defensive line and would be missing their best defensive player (Abram). Joyner and Ferrell are on the list too.

The timeline also matches up to where Ferrell could have gotten covid from the game against the Broncos.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yeah um...I'm not sure these guys have it, and hopefully they don't. This being the Raiders and shit I bet they won't even postpone the game until Monday or Tuesday. The team literally can't fill a defensive line and would be missing their best defensive player (Abram). Joyner and Ferrell are on the list too.

The timeline also matches up to where Ferrell could have gotten covid from the game against the Broncos.

Roethlisberger was on it all last week it seemed and he ended up playing. I think they put "close contacts" on there in case they end up testing positive during their isolation periods.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess Jameis is that bad (unless this is the usual wacky Payton bullshit):

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like Ferrell will be our only missing player for Sunday. I'm not saying we'll win but this season is the first time in a while where I felt like we had a good chance every time we took the field against another good team. When the Raiders made the playoffs in 2016 they only beat one playoff team on the way there. This time they've already beaten two or three.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems like Ferrell will be our only missing player for Sunday. I'm not saying we'll win but this season is the first time in a while where I felt like we had a good chance every time we took the field against another good team. When the Raiders made the playoffs in 2016 they only beat one playoff team on the way there. This time they've already beaten two or three.

I just need to know one thing

Is their defense good now or was it because Denver sucks ass?