Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Week 2: Vegas Home Opener, Burrow vs. Baker, Belichick vs. Carroll

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The offense won this game and they had to. Allen was clutch and Diggs adds so much to the offense. D did enough to help but need Milano and Edmunds back ASAP. Rams next week should be a good test.

And yes how in fuck’s name did Atlanta blow that.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess drafting a rapist hasn't helped Detroit as much as they hoped.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Justin Herbert looking pretty good so far for the Chargers.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Russell Wilson playing like he's gonna win MVP. Patriots had few answers although Cam did show some mental toughness in leading the Patriots down to the 3 yard line at the very end. Unfortunately he/the team telegraphed the play from the get go (it was basically the same as one he scored a TD on). I did like the growing chemistry between him and Edelman, though, Cam had a bit of a Rick Mirer vibe going in throws to his left compared to the middle or right.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last night was clear evidence that the Patriots are going to be a lot more fun in the 8-8/10-6 range this year than last year's 12-4 team. It's weird that teams become more fun as they become less good but that's my honest opinion!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Death to everybody! The carnage aftermath...

- QB Drew Lock is out 2-6 Weeks with a Shoulder injury
- RB Christian McCaffrey is out 4-6 Weeks with a High Ankle Sprain
- RB Saquon Barkley is out for the season with a Torn ACL
- WR Courtland Sutton is out for the season with a Torn ACL & MCL.
- WR Sterling Shephard could miss multiple weeks with a toe injury.
- WR Parris Campbell is out "indefinitely" with a PCL injury.
- LB Von Miller is out at least 3 Months with an Ankle injury, could return in December.
- CB AJ Bouye is out 2-3 Weeks with a Shoulder injury.
- S Malik Hooker is out for the season with a Torn ACL

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anybody watch the colts game and can tell me why Hines didn’t touch the ball at all? After the week he had last week, I thought he was gonna be moving into a starting role.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Death to everybody! The carnage aftermath...

- QB Drew Lock is out 2-6 Weeks with a Shoulder injury
- RB Christian McCaffrey is out 4-6 Weeks with a High Ankle Sprain
- RB Saquon Barkley is out for the season with a Torn ACL
- WR Courtland Sutton is out for the season with a Torn ACL & MCL.
- WR Sterling Shephard could miss multiple weeks with a toe injury.
- WR Parris Campbell is out "indefinitely" with a PCL injury.
- LB Von Miller is out at least 3 Months with an Ankle injury, could return in December.
- CB AJ Bouye is out 2-3 Weeks with a Shoulder injury.
- S Malik Hooker is out for the season with a Torn ACL
If only someone had known going into full blown regular season games with no warmups was going to be bad on players' bodies!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Anybody watch the colts game and can tell me why Hines didn’t touch the ball at all? After the week he had last week, I thought he was gonna be moving into a starting role.

Hines is a 3rd down back at best. He's a poor man's Terrik Cohen. Taylor was drafted to eventually replace Mack as the feature back. Mack's contract is up after 2020.

Don't expect anything but receiving work for Hines.

Same goes for Dion Lewis in New York. Don't expect he's going to be the guy just because he replaced Saquon. Gallman was a healthy scratch.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
If only someone had known going into full blown regular season games with no warmups was going to be bad on players' bodies!

I've heard a lot of people are questioning the increased use of field turf/artificial turf instead of natural grass as being a big culprit in a lot of these knee/ankle related injuries. I think 20+ teams use the turf instead of grass at this point.

"In a study performed by the National Football League Injury and Safety Panel, published in the October 2012 issue of the American Journal of Sports Medicine, Elliott B. Hershman et al. reviewed injury data from NFL games played between 2000 and 2009. "...the injury rate of knee sprains as a whole was 22% higher on FieldTurf than on natural grass. While MCL sprains did not occur at a rate significantly higher than on grass, rates of ACL sprains were 67% higher on FieldTurf."

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought FieldTurf was supposed to be a lot more forgiving to players' bodies than the barely-above-concrete AstroTurf that old places like The Meadowlands and Veterans Stadium had?

Staff member
Reaction score
As long as Carr isn't constantly under pressure, good luck stopping that dude.

Reactions: SFH

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Call a shitty game, you lose.

Props to Gruden for having his team ready. They're going to make some noise and give the Chiefs some hell.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought FieldTurf was supposed to be a lot more forgiving to players' bodies than the barely-above-concrete AstroTurf that old places like The Meadowlands and Veterans Stadium had?

It was more forgiving but it's still a turf with a sticky aspect that could capture cleats easier than grass. One of the big reasons teams have moved towards field turf is that it's more cost efficient long-term in regards to maintenance.