Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Week 6: Chargers Cursed By San Diego Witch Doctors

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
That title can be the only explanation for how awful they are record-wise in close 1 score games. And wow there's a TON of 1:00 PM games this Sunday...

week-6-nfl-schedule.png

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'm in favor of no dreadful Thursday night games this week.

Finally covid is doing something useful!

• Haha
Reactions: SFH

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in favor of no dreadful Thursday night games this week.

Finally covid is doing something useful!

Here's hoping tonight's Buffalo/Titans game isn't dreadful, I guess.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope it's dreadful in the 40-7 Bills win type of dreadful. But it would be the Billsiest thing to lose this game.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I honestly sort of expected that after news this afternoon that they were actively looking to trade him, because no one was likely to take on the contract. Floored that it happened this soon, though. One of the worst free agent signings in team history, and not all because of him. It made total sense to sign him in the first place to try and surround Darnold with as much talent as possible, but the team obviously failed spectacularly there.

At 9 years old, I wasn't invested enough in 1996 to experience and appreciate the Kotite years, but I have to believe this season has already surpassed that, and we're only a quarter of the way through. Legit possibility of 0-16 coming, Bell or no Bell.

Staff member
Reaction score
The Titans are the class of the AFC imo. The rest of the teams can get behind them.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah there’s not a chance in hell they beat the Chiefs haha. I really want to know what happened to the defense, injuries aside.

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah there’s not a chance in hell they beat the Chiefs haha. I really want to know what happened to the defense, injuries aside.

I think they can beat the Chiefs if John Brown plays. Allen looks BAD without him. Just gotta drop guys into coverage against Mahomes and hope for the best.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I appreciate the optimism. This was a very disheartening game though. Need Milano, White and Brown back ASAP.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Adam Gase says it's irrelevant if he misued Le'Veon Bell.

How has that guy not been fired yet?

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Adam Gase says it's irrelevant if he misued Le'Veon Bell.

How has that guy not been fired yet?
I mean, it took JJ Watt finally getting into BoB's face to get him fired. I think Gase will be there for as long as the Jets just don't give a fuck.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of the beat reporters I trust suggested the reason Gase is unlikely to be fired in season, barring further complete disaster, is that the team wants to make sure they're getting as complete an evaluation of Darnold as possible this year. And while laughable on the surface, since you'd think you need to get Gase as far away as possible at this point, I do get the concern of trying to force Darnold through another new offense mid-season.

Of course, it's all likely moot, because Trevor Lawrence seems inevitable, and by most accounts, the Jets would be stupid to pass on him.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Covid outbreak at Falcons training facility.

I can't imagine this season finishing on time

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
ESPN's Adam Schefter said the Raiders, Dolphins, and Patriots called the Jets about acquiring Le'Veon Bell before the team released him Monday.

Not too surprised that the Jets wouldn't work out a trade with Miami or NE but reportedly Bell's narrowed his team choices to Buffalo, Miami, and Kansas City and the Jets screwed themselves out of not even getting a draft pick for him.

Staff member
Reaction score
The main reason we'd want him is because Jacobs takes and dishes out some massive hits and it isn't all that likely he'll play 16 games. I hope they can work something out. I'd think he wants to play for a playoff team over Miami.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
You would think Chicago would be interested since they were interested in Bell when he was a free agent.

Not so fast. Matt Nagy REALLY likes Ryan Nall and Artavis Pierce. WHO?! Chicago gets spotted a 4-1 record and they can't even realize they need to be all in on the gift the NFL has given them.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The main reason we'd want him is because Jacobs takes and dishes out some massive hits and it isn't all that likely he'll play 16 games. I hope they can work something out. I'd think he wants to play for a playoff team over Miami.

He parties down in Miami a lot and no income tax in Florida.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been enjoying their rookie RB the few games I've caught.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Welp, guess we can now expect KC to drop 30+ a game from this point of the season on. RIP NFL.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think CEH is the kind of RB that can handle a full-time gig anyway, so this is a huge upgrade for KC if Bell isn't toast. Not saying CEH isn't great, but he's probably much better off as a 1B with fewer high impact touches.