Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 NFL Week 9: Dalton Traded to COVID List, Trade Deadline

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Dalton's been added to the Reserve/Covid-19 List for Dallas. Patriots are picking up WR Isaiah Ford from the Miami Dolphins. Patriots just need bodies right now so this isn't much of a needle mover.

week-9-nfl-schedule.png

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pretty disappointing as of now Beane hasn't added anyone to shore up the D. This week should be fun seeing Wilson throw for 700 yards.

Staff member
Reaction score
Chargers defense is going to get gashed to shreds. Unfortunately ours might too, but we're predominantly shredded in the run game and the Chargers don't have that kind of back.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Entirely too many New York games in prime time this season.

Monday night football is unwatchable.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Entirely too many New York games in prime time this season.

Monday night football is unwatchable.

Agreed. At least the Jets-Broncos game in week 4 was watchable and reasonably entertaining, though.

Also, this definitely feels like a trap game for the Jets.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Green Bay feels like they are letting out years of frustration with the Niners in this game.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
The Bears boxscore of only losing by a touchdown doesn't even remotely show how awful that team was today.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Although I didn’t get the end result I would’ve liked, the Dolphins-Cardinals game was probably one of the most entertaining games I’ve watched this year.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So when the Saints play their assignments, and have most of their talent healthy, good results happen. Even the Taysom Hill gimmicks didn't blow up in our faces.

Good to see Trautman get a TD, also.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna be interesting if teams really start to pull away over the next 3-4 weeks in their playoff pushes or if several suffer some big losses and find themselves in a battle just to win their divisions.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't help but feel there's some kind of dysfunction in that TB Locker Room. Arians seems to have no problem throwing Brady under the bus in post-game pressers either.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gonna be interesting if teams really start to pull away over the next 3-4 weeks in their playoff pushes or if several suffer some big losses and find themselves in a battle just to win their divisions.

Green Bay, New Orleans, Buffalo, and Kansas City already seem to be doing that. Philadelphia certainly has a chance to do so, as does Seattle. Baltimore is probably going to be nipping at Pittsburgh's heels the entire way. Indy and Tennessee is probably going to go down to the wire.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If the Jets hold on for this win, he's the Jags' to lose. I was happy to see them have life yesterday, but with this upcoming schedule, even one win seems difficult. Bears in week 16 the best bet? I don't want the Jets to go 0-16, but if that's what it takes to secure Lawrence, count me in.

@ Packers
vs. Steelers
vs. Browns
@ Vikings
vs. Titans
@ Ravens
vs. Bears
@ Colts

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On a serious note, it seemed crazy in the Pats' last series to sneak for the first down with 0:15 left and NOT call the final timeout, in lieu of getting back for a spike... but then they throw to wide open Meyers in the middle of the field to easily get into FG range, and finally call the timeout. Have to give it to Bill.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots somehow pulled off the victory. Cam was hyper locked on to Jakobi Meyers to the point that the Jets should've been double-teaming him after the first several drives. Easiest way to beat the Patriots: See who Cam locks onto early, double team that player, then focus on shutting down the interior running game via the B Gap area.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The fact they went to the wire with the 2020 Jets makes me feel the easy way to beat the Patriots is to play the Patriots