Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2020 Weekend Box Office

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know The Wretched has been out for a while and seen a lot of success given the whole Covid mess that it may not have seen otherwise. It's actually made $1.7 Million through 7/3 and almost $1.86 Million worldwide.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
$236k and 126 theaters is honestly more than I expected at this point for #1 box office movie. For the most part, indoor movie theaters on East Coast aren't open yet. Maine's not scheduled to open up for another two weeks (and not showing any new releases for three weeks).

I'm really curious to see what Tenet does next month. I feel like it REALLY won't be worth Chris Nolan fighting tooth and nail to not get it postponed to next summer.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tenet made $20 million this weekend, which is considered a massive disappointment from producers but honestly WHAT THE HELL were they expecting given the current climate!?

Staff member
Reaction score
They're in denial, but I think they might have made some insurance money by releasing it now.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was really tempted to go see it this weekend, every showing I looked up only had about 5-8 people total in 100+ seat rooms. Still couldn't do it :(

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought Nolan pushing so hard for a theatrical release was v. odd (and I'm assuming @909 is right in saying reason is insurance related). A film that's ad campaign is based on how esoteric and mysterious it is is not going to be what gets a bunch of people back in theaters.