Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2022 Midterm Elections

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't fulfill your promises you are a liar. It is that simple. Presidents/MajorityLeaders throughout history have found ways to pressure recalcitrant members into passing important legislation. There are also important things Biden can do on his own without the Senate such as abolishing student debt. The Republicans have shown the ability to do this with their caucus time after time. The Dems refuse to do this. Some of this is incompetency but some of it is absolutely because they are unwilling to change.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
It is not that simple; you can't have conversations like this absent context. I will stipulate that Majority leaders have been able to succeed in getting recalcitrant senators to fall in line, but what Manchin has indicated it would take to appease him appears to be in direct conflict with what the Democrats are trying to do. Like, it's obvious that the Democrats need to end the filibuster, but they need all fifty votes to make that happen, and if one guy says, "Absolutely not, no chance!", then what? What do you reckon it would take to get him to change his mind?

And yes, Biden could sign a bunch of EOs, but he's been fairly consistent about his position that he doesn't want to do anything that can be undone by the next Republican president. "Pass a bill, and I'll sign it," he said. It seems, to me, less than a failure by "the Democrats," than it is a failure by Chuck Schumer; it's pretty obvious that Manchin and Sinema don't respect his leadership. For as much as we talk about what The Democrats™ aren't doing, bills are being passed, in the House. The question is, who would they respect, that could take his place?

The Republicans have shown the ability to do this with their caucus time after time.

True enough. But the Republicans are also rather more on the same page; ironically, their lack of diversity is a source of strength, in this matter. It also makes a difference that they don't really run on policy, but rather on undoing progress. For some reason, it's a lot easier to do that, with our legislative system.

Dandy

Reaction score
Sure you can. Double their debt and interest rate. Quick and easy. I’m surprised it’s bot on McConnell’s docket.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw Murphy actually ended up winning in New Jersey, small victory for Democrats at least.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this fits here but it seems pretty noteworthy.

"In Georgia’s November 2, 2021, statewide municipal elections, Democrats gained a net total of more than 30 seats and counting, including mayorships in Cairo, Stone Mountain, Hampton, and McDonough and crucial city council seats in Lawrenceville, Peachtree Corners, Sandy Springs, Tucker, Stone Mountain, Dunwoody, Brookhaven, Kennesaw, and Powder Springs. Candidates in DPG-targeted races flipped 41 seats in 21 counties across Georgia, while Republican candidates picked up just 6."

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Trump's already indicated that he's not going to back Kemp cause Kemp wouldn't overturn an election for him. I think we could see a different result for Kemp Vs Abrams II. *knock on wood*

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Good on her for getting back into it. I think she's learned alot from the past situations in Georgia and the groundswell for her after all of the bullshit might be substantial.

Staff member
Reaction score

Americans give President Joe Biden a negative 33 - 53 percent job approval rating, while 13 percent did not offer an opinion. In November 2021, Americans gave Biden a negative 36 - 53 percent job approval rating with 10 percent not offering an opinion.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully only thing ever that I'll agree with moonbat MTG on (besides our occasional tendency to hang out with polyamorous weirdo nerds) is that we need to consider a national divorce. My worst (probably irrational) fear is that if we can't agree to a separation than we'll be forced to separate.

Dandy

Reaction score
“Can’t you see how you make me do this?” says the man (Democratic leaders) as he beats his wife (Democratic followers).

That is what that guy is saying.

Dandy

Reaction score
He should have had her thrown out and called her a libtard. Accuse her of being a plant by Beto O’Rourke. He would have gotten the crowd back under him or at least had them split.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I love when Crenshaw gets taken down a peg or two, but that wasn't the "gotcha" that people in that crowd thought it was.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After the missed, breakaway layup that was the 2020 US Senate Election, I have absolute zero faith that the Maine Democratic Party will be able to get Janet Mills reelected. It's going to be absolute butt if/when Paul LePage gets elected to a third term and I hope it's not foreshadowing the 2024 POTUS Election!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Cross post Fucking Wisconsin/ Horrible People

Ron Johnson has at least 2 major people for the Dems running for his spot, so the attack ads started on him weeks ago. I finally saw one of his in return this AM and it's not exactly fresh and new: LIBERAL MEDIA LIES, Border! and CRIME!
I have to catch this shit for months yet :(

And he's going to win. :(

Dandy

Reaction score
That’s a Bobby Knight quote, and I don’t think it originated with him. This dude is just recycling one-liners.