Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2022 Midterm Elections

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The GOP has found their primary challenger for Liz Cheney. They have chosen a guy that impregnated a 14 year old girl when he was 18. Six years later she would commit suicide.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Texan Nazis tried to pass a voter suppression bill. They took their arrogant time doing so because they assumed they were entitled to its passage. The Democrats then left that particularly weakly led state's capitol building & were able to, at least temporarily, kill the bill. Somewhat similar to Wisconsin Dems leaving the state to stall an anti-worker bill. Hopefully this new thing in Texas will have a longer lasting affect.

Republicans in many other starts are trying to pass similar anti-American legislation. I hope more states are able to stop them.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Manchin at his absolute dumbest/worst. "We have to let the Republicans control elections through partisan means because fixing the problems might be seen as partisan"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dems still have $19 million less in the war chest than the Republicans though cause of all of the money Trump raised trying to 'get help to overturn the election' a few months back.

I'm more cautiously optimistic about 2022 than most lefties though. While I think anger towards the right has abated, I feel like Dems are better organized than they were in the 2010s. Republicans are angrier than they were in the 2010s but it seems like a more chaotic, confused anger. Idk. If I were a betting man, I would say Dems come out slightly better or at the same place they are rn on November 9th, 2022. I am not buying that they're going to get their asses kicked again.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Republican candidate for the senate seat Ohio and one time (?) intellectual hero to progressive elites JD Vance has publicly stated he's sorry for saying he didn't worship Trump in 2016.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Neoliberal backed Shontell Brown semi-handedly defeated the early favorite and top Bernie supporter Nina Turner in the special Congressional primary in Ohio.

That and the Texas runoff result last week, I think, mean maybe bland centrism holds a lot more appeal than we once thought.

• BigSurprise
Reactions: Laz

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Neoliberal backed Shontell Brown semi-handedly defeated the early favorite and top Bernie supporter Nina Turner in the special Congressional primary in Ohio.

That and the Texas runoff result last week, I think, mean maybe bland centrism holds a lot more appeal than we once thought.
This just in: Twitter is not real life.

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco, still dead.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Made the mistake about reading the 2021 California Gubernatorial Recall election.

Newsom's Democratic opponent is a self described "landlord influencer".

Instagram briefly removed Paffrath's campaign announcement post from their platform. According to Paffrath, Instagram notified him that they had removed his post, in which he described Newsom as a "weanie baby", under its harassment guidelines. Paffrath told Fox News he suspected the post was taken down intentionally, and that the removal was related to its parent company Facebook's donations to Newsom's causes. A Facebook spokesperson said that the company's donations had gone towards coronavirus relief, not the governor's campaign.[26] The Los Angeles Times has reported that such donations by Facebook and other social media companies were "behested" payments, or indirect payments to government causes on Newsom's behalf.[27] Shortly after Fox News inquired about the removal of the post, it was restored, and a spokesperson said it had been removed in error.[26]
I feel like I'd rather launch myself into the sun than follow California politics.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is a few weeks old but longtime Wisconsin congressman Ron Kind is retiring. Not a super great development for 2022.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It now leans republican. Trump carried the district both times and Kind closely retained last year. He had been aided by having the weakest GOPer in the district for an opponent before that. My guess is bad polls sped up Kind's decision. His would-be opponent (the one Kind barely beat last Nov) recently made a fool of himself at a public library throwing a tantrum about a Pride Month exhibit. Not good.