2021 MOTYC/Recommend A Match Thread

cobainwasmurdered

CWM
Staff member
this thread is for people to put what they think are the best matches of the year, even if you think the MOTY already happened if something is really damn great you should still toss it in here for other people to check out. I'll be updating the top post throughout the year.

1/4 Okada Vs Ospreay

cobainwasmurdered

CWM
Staff member
1/30 SHINGO Vs Tanahashi

fan-fucking-tastic

Tanahashi remains one of the absolute best in the world and Shingo is right there too. I remember Meltzer bitching about how beating Tanahashi doesn't mean anything anymore a few months ago because of how he has been booked. That was a ludicrous statement then but it's even more so after just one performance by him now.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
1/27 - Dax vs Jungle Boy AEW Dynamite

I'm surprised not to see this in here yet. It was a fantastic match that had a great story in and around it.

1/30 - Allie Kat vs Willow Nightingale GCW Fight Forever, Allie Kat's Hot Girl Shit block

I'm not expecting anyone else, outside of maybe @King Kamala to care about this one, but this should be in the discussion for best women's match by year's end.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
A little late on this, but I thought the Rhea/Raquel Last Woman Standing match from Takeover: NYE was fire. I have it a hair in front of Balor/O'Reilly II and Roman/KO from the Rumble as my WWE MOTY to date. But, it's a tough call. An entire woman got trapped in a highschool locker, but no one got hit full speed by a golf cart.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
2/11- New Beginning in Hiroshima Night 2- Tomohiro Ishii, Hiroki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI Vs Jay White & Guerillas of Destiny

Gary

Massive Conspiracy Against All Life
2/21 - Elimination Chamber - Bryan vs Uso vs Ceasaro vs Owens vs Zayn vs Corbyn

King Kamala

Integral Poster
1/22/2021- Jonathan Gresham Vs Aramis- Lucha Memes

Jonathan Gresham has always been a great wrestler from workmate standpoint but he's really put together the total package in last year or so. He really reminds of a modern version of a '70s touring NWA World Champion. Just such a smart and super subtle heel.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
2/27- Jay White Vs Tomohiro Ishii- NJPW Castle Attack Night 1

Maybe my favorite match of the year so far. Love Jay White just barely being able to out brutalize Ishii. Brilliant.