Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2021 MOTYC/Recommend A Match Thread

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
10/3 - Tomohiro Ishii vs ZSJ
10/3 - Kota Ibushi vs Shingo Takagi

Ishii vs ZSJ was wonderful. The complete opposite of styles and they work so well together.
This was Ibushi’s best match since coming back from being out sick. Shingo is top 3 in the world at worst, and I don’t think he’s #3.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10/4 G1 Jeff Cobb Vs Taichi
10/4 G1 SANADA Vs Okada

Cobb has really impressed me this year. I've always found him inconsistent but he's delivered every time so far in the G1.

Okada looked the most like himself in a long time in this match I thought. The two always bring out the best in each other but he looked a lot more spry here than I can remember in some time.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10/9 Hiromu Vs Ishii
10/9 G1 Ibushi Vs OKhan

Hiromu throws everything he has at Ishii and it's of course a ton of fun. Ibushi gets a lot out of OKhan and there's more fun technical wrestling from OKhan here like in the Sabre match.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10/20 G1 Tama Tonga Vs Hirooki Goto
10/20 G1 Taichi Vs Tanahashi
10/20 G1 Okada Vs Cobb

Tama really broke out this year in the G1 and this was a fun end. Goto is always good.
Taichi/Tana are always great together.

Okada is still the best in the world when he puts in the work and this is a good example. This is a perfect cap to their feud. They tease how well they know each others moves throughout the match and Cobb gets to show just how much he has grown before Okada manages to turn the tables on him.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10/21 Edge Vs Seth HIAC
10/21 Big E Vs Drew

a blood money show with two (i havent watched brock vs roman yet) legit fun things? what is going on! Edge and Seth bumped their asses of and E/Drew had a really great WWE Main Event that didn't overstay it's welcome.

I also updated the first post finally.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
8/1 Shun Skywalker Vs YAMATO

Was so let down that KZY wasn't the one to beat Shun I put off watching this until now but this is a great match. I still think it was the wrong call but YAMATO is a great worker and Shun is fantastic in-ring.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
- 11/14 Brody King vs Jonathan Gresham #1 contender for the ROH World Title - Honor For All

This match was a fantastic David vs Goliath match. Both these guys are damn great in the ring, and have great chemistry. Well worth going out of your way to check this one out.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
11/21 Roman Vs Big E

hate to see Big E lose but I'm not putting that on those two. They did great work especially the last 10 minutes or so.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
8/15 Sugiura Vs Masato Tanaka

They were tag partners on and off for years as the awesome DANGUN YANKEES! They both work a very similar smash-mouth style and are surly as fuck old men. Sugs is the GHC National Champ but Tanaka puts up the Z1 Heavy belt as well.