Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2021-22 What Are Those Clowns in Washington (House and Senate) Up To Now? thread

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was supposed to be Trump's big thing, along with the free wall. I don't think Biden's gonna pick up the baton for the wall but looks like he might get infrastructure done in the first year.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My youtube keeps blowing me up with "Thank You Bill Cassidy" commercials praising him for voting in favor of a clean energy bill. BC is a local US Senate and hard line Republican. I've googled the bill and apparently it's a good thing. Best I can tell some Democrat organized group is blasting a "thank you" as a way to let the local oil field miscreants know Bill slyly voted for something different to their interests. Even if a broken clock is right twice a day, fuck Bill Cassidy.

Dandy

Reaction score
I am not sure if that was at the Ashland Alliance where he said that (and other things), but he just spoke there. It is in Ashland, KY, which is where my office is and 20 minutes from my house. We are a member of the Ashland Alliance, so I could have gone if I wanted. I’m sure they wouldn’t have allowed me to ask questions.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

"The bill also blocks counties from sending unsolicited mail-in voting applications -- even to those who are over age 65 and therefore qualify automatically to vote by mail. It also places new rules around mail-in voting, increases protections for partisan poll watchers, and sets new limits on those who help voters, including those with disabilities, to cast their ballots."

So let's see how quickly the white Republicans start skirting around these limits when the next voting comes around.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Senator Sinema today took a brief pause from Velma Dinkly cosplaying to continue to refuse to say anything about whatever it is she wants on the spending bill.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
FAewkeRWEAcdAdS

Jim Halpert face gif

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ahhh…Someone dug up a Sinema tweet from 10 years ago where she was saying big corporations should pay their fair share of taxes and responded to it today with “HARD AGREE!” Must have gained some traction because in the next screenshot, we see the original tweet from Sinema has now been deleted.