Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2021-22 What Are Those Clowns in Washington (House and Senate) Up To Now? thread

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jim Jordan is such a clown. And I know it has been shown in many places, but his Gerrymeandered district is easily one of the most ridiculous in the US. I've seen some others that are bad too but its usuaully done around a small square area space. Jordan's covers so much of Ohio and just dances around Lima, Toledo and Columbus.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She passed 2 bills with $1200 checks that the GOP blocked in the senate.

$600 is better than the nothing that Americans had been getting. And the Dems have been campaigning on this in Georgia.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Getting somebody to spit in your mouth when you're dying of thirst is also better than nothing but accomplishes just as much as $600 in an age where that's not even going to cover a month's rent in rural areas. FOH

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gavin Newsom appoints Alex Padilla to fill Kamala Harris' US Senate seat.

It's pretty crazy that California has never had a Latino Senator until now (and still has never elected one)

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe we won't have to fret so much about only getting $600 and all this money going to "gender programs." God emperor Trump stated today that he won't sign the bill.

Also, some of those tweets shared above were initially posted by very fine people who don't know the difference between the Covid bill and the concurrently passed annual spending bill.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I love when people who identify as Republicans (and that are probably in the wrong tax bracket to do so) post their unsolicited thoughts and memes in unwarranted places. Found this in a deals thread on a movie website with the poster saying HERE WE GO AGAIN

1609297842412.jpeg

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Quietly eating my poptarts while the office Trump fans are having a pow wow bitching about, "man fuck Mitch McConnell" and "stupid old fuck who does he think he is?"

If I knew I wouldn't foot in mouth, hard, I'd chime in, but I'll just watch the car crash from my comfort zone. I suck at confrontation.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Quietly eating my poptarts while the office Trump fans are having a pow wow bitching about, "man fuck Mitch McConnell" and "stupid old fuck who does he think he is?"

If I knew I wouldn't foot in mouth, hard, I'd chime in, but I'll just watch the car crash from my comfort zone. I suck at confrontation.
If you ever wonder what to do, just watch everything burn like Daria and Jane would ;) Bonus points if you make some smart-aleck remarks under your breath alone.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
So no $2,000 checks. Good Guys just can't stop winning!

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still think these Republicans are demonstrably different and worse than their political counterparts.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Ron Johnson let Hawley get the first taste of that trump taint.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score