Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2021-22 What Are Those Clowns in Washington (House and Senate) Up To Now? thread

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like to think I have a fair amount of empathy. But, try as I might, I just can't get myself into the shoes of the people so weak they need guns to compensate for their softness.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

well the house at least trying to get some shit done. "amusing" note, is that the republicans voted in block against both expect one republican voted for the floyd bill by accident and demanded it be noted as such.,

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One good thing about Ron Johnson is he's going to have tougher competition next year. Alex Lasry is young, rich, and part of the Milwaukee Bucks. He should be a much more energetic campaigner than what Feingold became at the end. His sports connection could help blunt some of the celebrity-worship that is so prevalent on Johnson's side of the aisle. And every time our dumb senator brings up Lasry's inheritance, it will be a reminder of how he was given his wife's daddy's company.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Walking to and fro is the most that lazy bitch has ever worked in his whole life.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some people thumbs down taking health insurance from millions of people. Others choose to thumbs down a living wage for millions of people.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean, did anybody expect a politician from Arizona to understand optics, even if the actual reasoning is sound?
Tbf, Arizona is slowly going blue and Mark Kelly ran (and won) a Senate seat partly on $15 minimum wage. Plus Arizona Democratic Party tsk tsked her on Twitter.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just found out the other day that Sinema started out as a Green in the early '00s. But like a lot of Greens, she had her brain broken by the internet and is now inexplicably kind of a right wing weirdo.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Age limits on how old you can be to hold office, please. #AgeistKamala
I approach this the same way I approach physicians. I don't mind the 91 year old mentally competent physician in the room in an advisory capacity at my family doctor's surgical practice, but I'll be damned if he's holding the scalpel.

I don't MIND an old as dirt public servant serving, but ideally in that Ben Franklin role. "I have an idea" and not necessarily with voting power.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
if she was a quarter as smart or had contributed 1/10th what Ben Franklin did I'd even be fine with it. She's neither. Almost no one is.

I'm more than willing to admit I am ageist. Against both the old AND the young. I'm never comfortable when I see a teenager behind the wheel of a car or when it's someone who needs a cane and 20 minutes to sit down.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like 85 is a reasonable age of mandatory retirement. No one older than my grandmother should be holding public office.

Dandy

Reaction score
Joe Manchin’s voted costed my household nearly two and a half grand. I’m more upset with that than I am when he personally took my job away in 2005.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
smdh all you out here talking like you wouldn’t support Betty White as an elected official
Betty White wouldn't have Jello Biafra running against her just to call her out on public airwaves for profiting off of the double homicide of two beloved political icons

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
"YOU VOTED AGAINST IT" has been trending on Twitter most of the day because Senator Roger Wicker of Mississippi helped write an amendment to help restaurants get funding to the bill, VOTED NO, then went on Twitter patting himself on the back for adding said amendment.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
"YOU VOTED AGAINST IT" has been trending on Twitter most of the day because Senator Roger Wicker of Mississippi helped write an amendment to help restaurants get funding to the bill, VOTED NO, then went on Twitter patting himself on the back for adding said amendment.
A lot of these Republicans are trying to frame it as "I helped include this in the bill. But that doesn't mean I have to vote for everything in the bill."

Which would be fine if they didn't try to play it both ways. Can't have your cake and eat it in this digital social media age, guys.