Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2024 Election

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
If the GOP is getting money (ala the 75 million or so they banked on their split of the Trump Lawsuit fundraising) they will keep Trump around. If Mitch thinks he's sinking them, they'll cut his balls off. It's kind of on the media to not cover everytime he farts after Jan 20.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still see those guys being more of evil boogeyman in congress going after Mitch's crown whenever he dies than president. Paul Ryan definitely is gonna try at some point though.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Very serious candidates, believe me, very serious.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
The good news is after yesterday I think the Trump brand is too damaged for him or any of his family to have any shot in a general election. Not saying he couldn't win a primary, but it's over for him. He has no shot going forward.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dumb bitch that thinks he could be president also thinks that a business is obligated to publish his book just because he wants them to.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone's political calculator got broke when they sat their big fat ass on it.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I thought the same thing about Pompeo in terms of "oh great, this fuckface is actually dumb enough to think he can try a presidential run" after reading he made a statement today that multiculturalism "isn't what America is." Clearly this cocksmoker is trying to get in that template position of anti-immigrant, white power bullshit that clearly someone in the party will now have to take over with Trump out. Can't wait to see the rebuke on this piece of shit.

Staff member
Reaction score
Fat cunt thinks his family came over on the Mayflower or something. How does he think he got here.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd argue Rick Perry was the real bust campaign of the 2012 Presidential Election cycle. Herman (RIP?) overachieved if anything.

Also does anyone besides me and @BruiserBrody remember that Scott Walker was briefly the frontrunner early in the 2016 Republican primary buildup?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
2012 was really before I followed Politics beyond just voting for whoever the Democrat was because my dad told me to, so I'm not as familiar with it. I just remember seeing Cain stuff. Just to out myself as being Politically stupid before 2014, I barely know who Rick Perry is. My brain has been bombarded with so many evil Republicans in the last five years, that I may have heard the name but it faded out of my brain.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd like to see Nevada replace Iowa as the first state. Iowa hasn't really been performing too well the last few cycles. The most recent caucus was maybe the biggest fuckup of its kind in US history.

I also like @King Kamala 's idea of rotating the first state(s). In addition to Nevada, other swing states with increasingly active voting (as shown not just by raw numbers but also by increased GOP efforts to suppress the vote) like Georgia, Colorado, Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin could be good places for the first primaries.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good. The caucus last year was a disaster. And then the voters shit the bed last November. They don't deserve a third strike.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nevada seems like perfect first in nation state to me. Diverse population, balanced between rural and urban. It's a lot better indicator of where America is going than IOWA.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn. It seems like even the MAGA Chud base is eroding a bit if this straw poll is any indication.

And man, for all of the non fascist dipshits out there, I certainly hope GD Ron DeSantis and Kristi Noem are the Republicans best hopes in 2024. I feel a lot better running against store brand MAGA than I do the friendlier face of fascism type of Republicans.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
RON DESANTIS?! I know this is a poll conducted in their Nazi stronghold, but, ugh. I mean yeah Trump would be worse but, oy.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It's a Nazi weak, flaccid-hold.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Wow people really are announcing candidacy this early. Thankfully all those guys have no fuckin shot though. Rubio has lost so many times in the eyes of the public. Scott and Desantis have awful reps outside of their state.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Don Jr and the rest of the Trump Klan are far more unlikable than Inc Jr.