Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

205 Live

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
NXT has its own thread still and although 205 probably has an even smaller regular audience on this board still, thought I'd start a thread. I know a few guys here watch. I like the talent and the show but am WAY behind right now. Figure we would need a catch-all thread to recommend to people just browsing the board who don't regularly catch or maybe get talking about some of the awesome matches the show has been producing more.

For those of us on the Buddy Murphy hype train, it has been announced that Murphy is getting a Cruiserweight title match against Cedric Alexander at that Australia. Really hope they give him the belt there.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love the show but ended up busy on Tuesday’s so I’m hit or miss on catching it lately.

It’s probably my favorite hour of WWE programming if that week’s NXT doesn’t have a Gargano segment. The format is a touch predictable with its Competitive Opener, Squash Match, Balls Out Main Event every week but on the other hand, it’s working well so changing it is probably stupid.

Mustafa Ali is a guy that if life were fair, would be main eventing Raw. Same with Buddy Murphy. Those guys were killing themselves a couple months ago, and almost no one would see it.

I can’t believe they don’t show a few GIF quality spots on Raw every week. Cut out 1 segment of Cole telling us what happened 5 minutes ago and show what these guys are doing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I rarely watch 205 Live but I've been to 3 Smackdown!/205 Live tapings in last year or so and I'm always like "Why don't I watch more 205 Live!?" Lucha House Party Vs Tony Nese & Buddy Murphy No DQ tornado tag was most underrated match of SummerSlam Weekend and probably like Top 3 overall. There were a lot of spots in that match where I was like "My God. I can't believe they did that in a WWE match."

They took a crowd that was dead ass tired from watching 13 hours of wrestling (or more if you went to the Joey Janela show like me) and revived them for a few minutes.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
It would be nice for them to give Murphy the title in his home country but with WWE's track record of putting wrestlers over in their hometown, I expect Cedric to retain.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Buddy Murphy vs Gran Mettalik has been announced for this week. Could be incredible if given time. Not sure what the timing will be as I believe the main event will be there also announced Cedric/Tozawa vs Gulak/Gallagher

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Solid show this week, glad Mustafa is back.

Cedric-Gulak next week. I really think Murphy has to beat Cedric in Australia because otherwise Cedric has essentially taken out every interesting heel. Putting him in the segment with Mustafa again almost seems like it is building to Ced-Mustafa again for Mustafa's big win but I rather squeeze a Murphy reign in there before letting Mustafa take the belt in the winter/spring.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
More fun matches from the Wednesday debut this week plus a few interesting matches set for next week with Mustafa Ali vs. Hideo Itami and Noam Dar vs. Lio Rush

Somewhat interesting how they are integrating the Cruiserweights' new roles on RAW with this show. Drake, being the mouthpiece for a heel tag team, is still basically a face GM on this show. Lio Rush is a face manager on RAW and still going to be a cocky heel on 205. May change quickly but that interaction between the two acknowledging their roles on RAW was interesting and you know, gave the audience some credit.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So now that it's taped for Wednesdays will they change the name?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Big debut at tonight's tapings:

0nkvam0bw8r11.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Epic Reine said:
At least they're finally doing something with them.

Mike's been working Main Event. They dropped off when he went to rehab. Then Maria got pregnant. Then she injured herself training for her return from maternity leave. So really they just haven't been available since they got signed.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
lmao

https://www.gerweck.net/2018/10/20/possible-new-205-live-general-manager/

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That'd be pretty cool actually.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I was actually kinda excited when I saw that rumor. He’d keep that neutral role like Drake but bring some awesome old man geek.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd actually watch 205 Live if that would happen just for the wacky facial expressions.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Don West would start selling members of the roster. Could make for some good TV.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They need to just bring Don West on for AJ Styles matches just so he can say "OH MAN THE PELE" every time AJ does that move.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Fun fact: Met Don West at Starrcast and told him that while he wasn't good at all when TNA started he had improved so much that when he left I was sad to see him go. He said "Not good is the nicest thing anybody ever said about my first year in TNA."

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Super behind on this show but watching this week's as it autoplayed after NXT ended. Another show that is just solid all around. I am surprised that Drake has separated his character on this show from his RAW character and comes across as a neutral, well-balanced GM still but probably because Vince isn't paying attention to have him pee on things.

Also wasn't expecting Lucha House Party to work this show shtill but probably not bad given they will probably have a few more weeks of RAW coverage before being shoehorned onto Main Event (if anything at all) per every other tag team.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Show is moving back to airing live on Tuesdays this week.

Murphy has a non-title open challenge.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So is the show still actually live or is it taped and they kept the name because it rhymes?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The show kept the rhyming name while being filmed prior to Smackdown and airing Wednesday when they were doing some of the special programs in the fall like Mixed Match Challenge. It is back on the schedule to air Tuesday now but I haven’t seen confirmation if they will continue to go on before Smackdown, which to me would be better for the crowd and talent.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Humberto Carrillo is officially called up as part of the roster following his debut last night

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I love Noam Dar but not sure how he is the face when he ducked Nese's challenge. Yes, he beat Nese but a face would want to shut up Nese's nonsense.

And I know I missed some here and there but when did TJP decide to get an arm full of shitty tattoos? Was going to say he's a bit old to go from nothing to a whole arm but then I remember Jericho. Or the one Hogan got still seems weird to me too.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
To be honest, while this show is fun when I see it, especially with Mustafa gone, the faces are kinda beyond normal WWE levels of asshole.

Lio Rush was right in complaining about Lucha House Party costing him his title shot.

The main likable face is Tozawa, which just hit me I will get to see him compete for the Cruiserweight belt live at the Rumble - though he's likely going to be the one eating the pin...