Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

A Game of Thrones: Season 8

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only theory that people are trying to squeeze out of that trailer (which is kinda reaching IMO) is that we'll somehow see a dragonglass wall get erected to keep the walkers out.

I do find it interesting that the map shows the direwolf and dragon on one side of the map and the lion on the other but I also fully expect Cersei to turn on Jon and Dany so that's hardly shocking if they're hinting at that.

RobinKempf

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
Seeing as how this thread got bumped for a silly reason by a debut poster might as well add on that April of 2019 is the confirmed air date for the final season.

Eagerly waiting for the season to begin.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
ARYA IN BATTLE, MOTHERFUCKER!

I mean....she's running from something. It would be foolish for Arya to be involved in the actual battle at Winterfell, she's an assassin not a soldier. I think Cersei turning on Jon/Dany leads to mass casualties at The Battle of Winterfell but the payoff will be Arya going to Kings Landing and crossing the biggest name off her list.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
Youth N Asia said:
ARYA IN BATTLE, MOTHERFUCKER!

I mean....she's running from something. It would be foolish for Arya to be involved in the actual battle at Winterfell, she's an assassin not a soldier. I think Cersei turning on Jon/Dany leads to mass casualties at The Battle of Winterfell but the payoff will be Arya going to Kings Landing and crossing the biggest name off her list.

It looks like she’s spinning a weapon around some commotion going on. I’ll need to rewatch.

On second watch doesn’t totally seem to be her. Hard to tell with some of these half a moment clips in the trailer.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2E30wWcBjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuLUyJdRvSU

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Friend hosts a GOT party for every season premiere. He's demanding full on cosplay this year. It starts two hours ahead of the show and he has themed shots, games, costume contest, and all kinds of other silliness.

I'm thinking about showing up with a screen door and just yelling "hold the door" over and over.

Last year it was so loud (he lives in a standard sized home...with 50 guests in his living room like movie day in kindergarten) that we had to rewatch upon return home. Still had fun, though.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I enjoyed it -- and anticipate enjoying this season -- but some of the scripting seemed, I don't know, hokey, for lack of a better term? I halfway expected Jon and Daenerys to break out into "A Whole New World" on their dragon ride (I'm sure there is a meme already out there).

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Interesting point about the script tonight. I told my friend this episode seemed like a Greatest Hits CD. He didn't like it (not enough new information/action for less than 6 episodes left), I tend to agree with the idea that this was a good episode because it tends to set things up for the rest of the year. I feel like we needed an episode like this.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm into wherever it goes. Between the Sansa/Dany side-eye, Bronn, and Arya, this was everything I pretty much wanted as an opener. The solid 60 minute runtime can eat a fucking dick, though.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm guessing they defeat the Night King sometime between 3-4 and then 5-6 is the survivors gaming for the throne? Or will that play out simultaneously over the next 5 episodes? If the white walkers are a day, day and a half away, that's one episode of length by my estimation along with interaction among the subplots. Another episode & 1/2 of actual battle. Even if the next 5 are extended episodes I don't like this theme of last season rushing to cover all the little things.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Here's a question I had after watching the episode tonight, and I don't think needs a spoiler tag:

Obviously Jaime knows that Cersei does not want to work with the alliance at Winterfell. Does Tyrion know and is just lying to Sansa and maybe just hoping she will change her mind? Or did he just believe Cersei and he is hoodwinked?

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At this point, Cersei is the #2 antagonist in this show behind the Night King. It won't happen but all the other characters COULD coexist without her (though I won't shed any tears over Euron stumbling into dragon jaws).

I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of her mouth.

Also Twitter is hilarious tonight:

Samwell: My dog, Pongo?
Daenerys: Run over by a carriage.
Samwell: My goldfish, Goldie?
Daenerys: Eaten by the cat.
Samwell: My cat?
Daenerys: Choked on the goldfish.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious at this point that Jon will be forced to choose between Dany and Sansa. They're playing up the family angle and because he's half Stark, half Targ he's going be forced into picking a side. Other thoughts....

- Dany's reaction to Bran telling her that The Wall has come down and Viserion has been turned by NK was really bad, as was everybody's in general. The army of the dead is like, two days away from Winterfell and Sansa is trying to throw shade by talking about food storage? FOH.
- If Jaimie spills the beans that Cersei has no intention of sending her army north that could be bad news for Tyrion, he was the one who convinced Dany and Jon that it was legit
- Cersei was drinking wine after sleeping with Euron so she either doesn't care about her pregnancy or is lying
- One of the hookers that was with Bronn talking about Eddy the ginger having his face burned off is probably a hint that Ed Sheeran got mutilated by one of the dragons

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This isn't a spoiler, pure speculation but I don't think you should hold out hope that Battle of Winterfell is next week. I think the episode concludes with the army showing up then the credits roll. I think we get the full battle in episode three then the next three episodes is fallout from it and the final battle for who sits the throne.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I would have been perfectly fine if the first episode back would have been nothing but reunions

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This theory is blatantly stolen from the reddit page for ASOIAF but I read that the proof of Jon being the true heir to the throne will be when Dany orders the dragons to harm Jon and they won't or alternatively when Jon gives them an order and they listen to him.

It doesn't make any sense for Dany to just up and believe that Jon is the son of R+L and even if she buys it I don't see her stepping aside for him.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
This isn't a spoiler, pure speculation but I don't think you should hold out hope that Battle of Winterfell is next week. I think the episode concludes with the army showing up then the credits roll. I think we get the full battle in episode three then the next three episodes is fallout from it and the final battle for who sits the throne.
Oh good point. I had heard that about episode 3 as it's the first long-long episode this season. Either way, hyped for the battle prep next week.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gert said:
Here's a question I had after watching the episode tonight, and I don't think needs a spoiler tag:

Obviously Jaime knows that Cersei does not want to work with the alliance at Winterfell. Does Tyrion know and is just lying to Sansa and maybe just hoping she will change her mind? Or did he just believe Cersei and he is hoodwinked?
I feel like Tyrion legit believed her last season, which is super out of character for him, IMO, so I hope I'm wrong. She's the last person in the world Tyrion should ever trust, army of the dead or not.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It'll be a long road to King Hotpie.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think it's a shoe-in that we see Nymeria (and maybe Ghost) leading the biggest pack of wolves in Westeros to come to the aid of Winterfell during the battle. I will be surprised and more then a little butthurt if that doesn't happen.