Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

A Thread on Threads

Cheech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Star Ocean 2 said:
1zzs113.jpg

I hope they roll out some playoff cardigans to go with those.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is Ray Lewis the greatest middle linebacker of all time? Are the 2000 Ravens the best defense of all time? No and no, because the Ravens uniforms are ridiculously cartoonish. No superlatives can be allocated to a team in purple with goofy numbers and a silly Mildly Irritated Bird With A B On His Head, or his brother Mildly Irritated Bird With A B Facing The Wrong Way On His Head.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Star Ocean 2 said:

You know, I originally hated the plaid on the hat. Yet, I stopped read another post, went back to look at it for a bit, went "meh, it still sucks". Then I read another post. Then I looked at the plaid and went "meh, its not bad...", then I read another post. Now while I look at it writing this post, I'm totally in favor of it.

Damn stupid plaid. Its hypnotic it is.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
czechtheblogthebook.blogspot.com said:
Is Ray Lewis the greatest middle linebacker of all time? Are the 2000 Ravens the best defense of all time? No and no, because the Ravens uniforms are ridiculously cartoonish. No superlatives can be allocated to a team in purple with goofy numbers and a silly Mildly Irritated Bird With A B On His Head, or his brother Mildly Irritated Bird With A B Facing The Wrong Way On His Head.

They should go with the crest as their main logo:

314.gif

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
I like the avant-garde looks Oregon has. Makes college sports interesting.

16140440.png

Looking at it more I like the Ducks' 3rd jersey more than before. The color combo is good, and I have no problem with the piping or other design. Of course the shoulder logo should be switched with the "D" on the front, though.

The primary jersey is the bad one. I'd like to see this 3rd jersey become the primary next season.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Timbers' 2011 MLS jerseys came out today
150820_482743372235_182844932235_5777966_6589403_n.jpg

163043_482743867235_182844932235_5777968_3742092_n.jpg

The second one is red for "Rose City Red". What's funny is I apparently feel the exact opposite of most Timbers fans with regards to both the logo (unveiled during England-USA at a WC viewing party) and the uniforms. Most people hated the logo when it first came out and are loving the jerseys. I don't like the two-tone and the placement of the Alaska Airlines logo. It looks like the they're the Alaska Airlines Timbers, not the Portland Timbers. Annoying. And red just seems weird for a team named the Timbers, especially since they've never worn red, either.

At least they're better than the Sounders' jerseys.

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
They're not even the Alaska Airlines Timbers, they are the actual Alaska Airlines Football Club

Mazto

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Green is road, and Red is home? Or is Red some Third option alt? I wouldn't mind the red as a third option red. I don't really like the shaded half colors either.

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score
But thats traditional for football kits. I mean my Celtic kits have Carling as their main sponsor and my Chelsea FC kits have Samsung as their sponsor. I mean Manchester United go through a different sponsor every year it seems like and every year the kit changes a bit.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Man U always tends to have some little "tweak" to the jersey for each year.. even if the sponsor doesn't change they do something to the numbers or text or another little spot.

Also, Man U has like, a fuck ton of "alternate" colors...

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
Potential jersey matchups this weekend:

Jets-steelers.jpg

packers-vs-bears.jpg

Jets-Steelers complement each other well. You got the brightness of yellow and a slightly duller green that work well together. The Bears' drab blue drags down the Pack and their bright yellow, though. It reminds me of bipolar disorder.

the max

Soxy
Reaction score
I bet uniforms will be the next thing that gets cut in the budget. Maybe they'll start wearing those men's league mesh jerseys.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
I don't like them for a few reasons. Mostly that they're 3000 miles away from Brooklyn.

Fake edit: Do they have a series with the Yanks or Mets or something this year? I think it'd be cool if they wore those on the road in NY.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I once saw a bartender at a shitty sports bar wear a Detroit Lions custom uniform with Megatron on the back.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of teams are going back to old-school threads these days. I believe the Nets are the only team that has yet to leave their mid to late-90s uniforms and logo behind.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
The wizard itself looks much worse, though. The new colors make it a confusing mess. Doesn't seem like they'll be using it much, though.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
This was a great uniform matchup. Really accentuates the ever-so-slight different shades of gold both teams wear. (And it shows actual gold uniforms, not fool's gold that's really yellow like the Packers)

49ers-saints.jpg

Frank+Gore+New+Orleans+Saints+v+San+Francisco+U7cpKEaHU6il.jpg

24-4ohSw.St.77.jpg