Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

A Thread on Threads

Skywarp!

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I also didn't think the Warriors could make a jersey worse than the '98 Broncos style Midnight Blue/Blood Orange combo with the jaggedy font.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watching Celtics-Pistons. Pistons alternate jerseys are i]ugly[/i] and it took me a minute to figure out that the Celtics weren't playing the Atlanta Hawks because the Pistons uniforms looks so much like something ATL would wear.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh God. I just saw they have Motor City written on the front of the jersey instead of Detroit.

Throw those jerseys in an oven!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Watching the game on NBATV too. You will also love that they are keeping these Motor City jerseys as the "heritage" jerseys but adding sleeves to them next year!

Minor quibble that may fit in this thread, and I may have complained elsewhere before, but in advertising the Suns-Warriors game on NBATV tonight, they are still using a picture of Dragic from last year in the old uniforms. Just seems like someone would catch those aren't the right uniforms...

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
Oh God. I just saw they have Motor City written on the front of the jersey instead of Detroit.

Throw those jerseys in an oven!

I don't get having nicknames for the team/city on the jersey. I get it's the alternate, but I don't like it. Portland has Rip City on it. I'm surprised that the Clippers don't have Lob City on theirs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If the Celtics ever even thought about having jerseys with "Beantown" or something other than Boston or Celtics written on front, I'd threaten to blow up Adam Silver's office.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
The other thing that bugs me is when they have the jersey's for Spanish Heritage week. I know that names like Heat, Lakers, etc. are the team names and don't really have to be changed, but when they have Los Heat or whatever, it bugs me. If you're going to changes Los then change the whole name.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24476692/look-la-kiss-have-worlds-hottest-ugliest-uniforms
The new Arena Football League expansion team, the Los Angeles Kiss (owned by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley) have the ugliest god damn uniforms of all time. They were designed by Paul Stanley too! Knowing Simmons and his penchant for publicity stunts, I bet he told Stanley and the uniform designers to make them as ugly as possible. God damn it...these are some ugly fucking uniforms.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
BiYwJh0CcAEj7g3.jpg

I'd expect nothing less.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In more agreeable minor league uniform news, The Fresno Grizzlies (San Francisco Giants Triple A affiliate) are going to wear Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles uniforms on August 2nd. 8)

fresno_jbalq2mp_olm2kfot.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And The Detroit Tigers Triple A affiliate, The Toledo Mud Hens are going to wear Ghostbusters uniforms this season!

mudhens-590x900.jpg

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I get they were going for similar color schemes, but how is the Magic not Disney?

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
New Avalanche and Ducks jerseys have leaked.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%201.15.11%20PM_zpsveje67am.png

Ducks3rdHiRez.0.jpg

The Av's one isn't as bad as some of the other stuff they've worn. The simplicity of the logo is nice.

The Ducks finally came to their senses and brought back their proper logo, but with HORIZONTAL STRIPING?! The sleeves look out of place.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They leaked yesterday, but officially, here are the new Jets uniforms.

ijwk0lovppophnxjyegu

I like them. Seems to be a pretty good balance of modern and classic, keeping the design pretty minimalistic. Only real complaint is that I feel like they could have done a better job with the logo refresh.

Reaction score
The whole event was so corny, tho. Really wish I didn’t watch it.

I don’t like the logo. The colors are fine but wish they went with a slightly brighter green. I dig the black unis.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah the event itself was a complete waste. JB Smoove going on about all the great Jets QB's of years past and their achievements was something: starts with Namath obv, then O'Brien beat Marino in an epic shootout that one time, and Pennington was accurate!

Obligatory Chad Pennington gif:
tenor.gif

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just way too much going on that it distracts from the 'Philadelphia' font. The Liberty Bell right above the crotch is like a reverse tramp stamp...

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, the buildings on the Philly jerseys are Boathouse Row. It looks nice when they are lit up at night, but not sure it makes for a good jersey design. Also p. sure displaying rowing/social clubs doesn't really depict "Philadelphia". But, hey, there's a subtle "TTP" above the AD in the city name.