Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

A Thread on Threads

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Don’t ask me. I was just complaining about Nike doing some colors outside the color scheme for teams in the NBA. I don’t think in my worst moments I would come up with yellow Red Sox uniforms.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's not even red in the uniforms! How can those idiots in the Fenway Sports Group let something like this happen? I honestly thought "Why is someone posting about UCLA Baseball?" when I scrolled by it in my feed!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
There's not even red in the uniforms! How can those idiots in the Fenway Sports Group let something like this happen? I honestly thought "Why is someone posting about UCLA Baseball?" when I scrolled by it in my feed!
The hat very much feels like an appropriate UCLA Bruins hat.

Supposedly the yellow is representative of the Boston Marathon.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess they're wearing them on Patriots Day, which is the one day I will accept them wearing Boston Marathon inspired jerseys cause I don't want to look like a jerk.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
If they wanted to really go for it, they’d have a BOSTON STRONG jersey where Red Sox on the front would be replaced with OUR FUCKING CITY

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Probably based on my previous purchases, the Nike app alerted me of the new Boston stuff being on sale today. I went to look and see what they were selling and some of the yellow stuff already sold out. Creating demand on something no one asked for.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Didn’t we learn during the Red New York Yankee hat era that people will buy any god damn new thing with the team logo?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
red hat is hard to put in that bucket because it was backed by a trendsetter like Frederick Durst

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Listening to Sox radio broadcast and Joe Castiglione wants one of the blue and yellow jersey. Guess boomers were the generation to popularize long distance running.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of new uniforms... the Minnesota Twins have thrown out a nod to the past with their new uniforms and logo. The Twin Cities one feels kinda minor league-ish but I'm not hating them. The Twins font one feels like something that would've been worn in the early 1900s so that has an odd appeal to me.

Fh3Sc5VWYAIqsh-

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I'm probably the last person to consult on matters of fashion. It's my understanding that they prefer the creme color as an alternate and I'm ok with that.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I know Kamala posted this in the baseball thread but I feel like Fanatics will seep into other sports eventually (see NHL next year I believe)...

Fans already hate Fanatics for their messed up orders, low-rent "jerseys" made cheaply and sold at exorbitant prices, etc. Now ballplayers are openly bashing the jerseys, lol.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I just love how Fanatics is trying to throw Nike under the bus and vice verse on this entire thing... https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...irly-blamed-for-new-mlb-uniforms/72808038007/

"Nike designs everything. Hands us a spec and says, ‘Make this,’” he said. “We have made everything exactly to the spec. And Nike and baseball would say, ‘Yes, you’ve done everything we’ve asked you do to.’”

"Some of the team insignias and logos are no longer stitched directly onto the jersey, giving them less of a classy, throwback feel. For example, the St. Louis Cardinals’ logo is no longer embroidered directly on the jersey. Instead, it’s embroidered on a patch. The Philadelphia Phillies’ logo is also no longer chain-stitched onto the jersey. The Mariners’ sleeve patch is no longer embroidered."

"Some NHL fans, like baseball fans, are worried about Fanatics’ deal with the NHL to produce authentic jerseys players wear in games because of concerns about quality, limited selection, and prices. But game uniforms will be manufactured in the same Canadian factory that previous jersey-makers Adidas and Reebok used."