Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

A Thread on Threads

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Marshall Tito said:
Oh I get it. Those are the Turn Forward the Clock jerseys.
Should one sleeve be long and the other short, then?

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Bored said:
Coming to March Madness...

adidas.0_standard_730.0.jpg
And departing just as quickly! Whoof, they're awful. Our pending basketball soccer jersey conversion will be neat though.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BIJM5ahCIAEGpj8.png

Looks like the Dolphins are going w/ white facemask on white helmet as part of their new uniform design.

Do not like.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
:-\ Garbage is being polite. Who the fuck comes up with that? That's just terrible. The logo is just bearable but combine it with those colors and the whole thing screams Bantam team.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Those are fucking ugly. The Stars are one of maybe three NHL teams I follow and the one I root for the most, but this is horrid. Why the fuck did they move away from the White/Hunter Green/Black scheme?

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I have no idea why they didn't keep the color scheme the same. Doesn't make sense at all.

Also, why not just make the D be in the middle of the Star but still connects all the points? Could be easily done. It overlapping just makes it seem like amateurish.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
The green's not quite right but at least it's closer to this

minnesota-north-stars-jersey.jpg

than the dull ass black jerseys they've been wearing.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
The logo's the worst part. A strangely-slanted, unintelligible D that apparently causes a black void in the center of the star? What a mess, and a failure of design.

mike-modano.jpg

Fare thee well.

And Carolina just stripped their jerseys of everything that made them interesting. NHL teams are becoming such pussies now. Everyone's afraid to have a progressive, modern look. Scaling down is one thing, but these changes are basically nothing more than highlighting stuff on their template and hitting "delete." What the Lightning did with their new monstrosity is just as bad. YOU'RE NOT OLDE TYME HOCKEY. STOP TRYING TO LOOK LIKE THE RED WINGS.

559x724xCompare-Hurricanes_jpg_pagespeed_ic_jbAguW19F_.jpg

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought Wings rip off at first with Carolina but Puck Daddy brought up Team Canada and that's a better comparison.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually like the look of their away jersey much better but not a fan at all of the red shoulder pad things. That's a bad eye distraction. Their home jersey is just there.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
It just seems like these jerseys that are coming out are all about getting free space. No doubt we'll be seeing sponsors on them soon enough.

Golgo

Golgo
Reaction score
Despite the colors being ripped from the city flag it doesn't feel like NO or "Pelicans" to me. It's also stupid that the team name isn't on either.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
:-\ Those are terrible jerseys. I don't like these word jerseys when you have a logo. Use the logo. Otherwise don't bother having a logo.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's a nod to the old San Diego Clippers, but still...

Although I usually am partial to powder blue though.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
Here are all the remaining sleeved NBA jerseys for this season.

sleeved-1_zpsa3f37c93.jpg

sleeved-2_zps8af6977d.jpg

sleeved-3_zpscdb52c1f.jpg

Heh.

I still don't like the trend of putting "Los" in front of team names and calling it Spanish. English jerseys don't have "the" in them. Translate the whole damn thing. What's wrong with Toros? At least the Knicks did something right in that respect. Also, the Nets appear to be paying tribute to the Kansas City Royals for some reason.