Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW During the Pandemic (3/11/20 till ?????)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tonight's AEW emanates from Salt Lake City, Utah (for the sake of their love of WCW nostalgia, I hope Karl Malone shows up). Show this week is oddly built around the announcement of some RULES for the Blood & Guts match in two weeks at AEW's Tristate Area debut. Sounds like an mundane thing to build a show around but I have faith that Cody and co will make it pretty good.

Also announced;

Non Title Match: Hangman Page & a mystery partner Vs Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara

Cody Vs Ortiz

Death Triangle (PAC & The Lucha Bros) Vs Joey Janela and Private Party

The Jurassic Express Vs MJF and The Butcher & The Blade (with The Bunny)

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Re: AEW 3/11/20 to 3/17/20- Only place where we can get excited about the RULES

Mystery tag and Jurassic/MJF & Co. will be the good parts of the show.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Cody Vs Ortiz could be fun.

I have no effin idea what a death triangle match is.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

It's not a match. It's the stable name PAC and the Lucha Bros. are going by.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Oof. I will edit the OP accordingly then :-X

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Can’t remember the last time there were two trios matches on a mainstream show. Not complaining just not something I feel gets seen much.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I really hope AEW has six man titles by the end of the year. They definitely have enough teams to have a good division.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score

Could be the last AEW show with a crowd for a long time. Make it count tonight.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Bernie Bro Kamala said:
I really hope AEW has six man titles by the end of the year. They definitely have enough teams to have a good division.

I think it'd be interesting to have a trios title instead of the normal secondary title. they have enough teams as you say, and it would give wrestlers not in the World title picture something to go for. It would also make for some really interesting stories.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score

If I were AEW I would probably tape a bunch of stuff tonight. Having something new to show next week would be good, even if it wasn't what was originally planned. I'm guessing by next week large gatherings will be gone for a month or so. It would buy them another week or so depending on how much they taped.

And if things change and they are able to do the show you'd only be out the work of the boys and the cost of the extra taping.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm assuming AEW will do a lot of empty arena matches and vignettes and one on one interviews, assuming that mass gatherings are banned. No need to put unneeded bodily stress on the roster tonight.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score

I just wanna know what Jake does and hopefully see Archer show up. Rest is bonus.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score

Bernie Bro Kamala said:
I'm assuming AEW will do a lot of empty arena matches and vignettes and one on one interviews, assuming that mass gatherings are banned. No need to put unneeded bodily stress on the roster tonight.

They already tape Dark. I would just scrap Dark and do another hour on top of it. Not saying it's a perfect scenario, but it would give you a show for next week in front of a live crowd.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

The Valeyard said:
I just wanna know what Jake does and hopefully see Archer show up. Rest is bonus.
Was pretty great that the crowd started shouting "holy shit" when it was revealed it was Archer that was the client. Gave him a huge "this guy deserves my attention" type of feel to him. Didn't amount to a lot, but honestly, I was okay with it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Wonder what ratings will look like for this.

Show looked good from what I saw but I was obviously very distracted with the crazy fucking hour of news.

Staff member
Reaction score

https://twitter.com/klandergan/status/1238151903617388545

Blood and Guts ain't gonna happen.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aew-reschedules-rochester-dynamite-date-plan-next-week-unknown-306371?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
AEW postponed their show in Rochester next week but says they'll still have a live episode (perhaps an empty arena show in Jacksonville)

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score

Hangman dogging on the Bucks was hilarious.

Lance Archer looks like one of the dbags from Five Finger Death Punch. This is a lateral move from his debut forever ago as Kevin Nash...With a Tramp Stamp. Cody's tat just looks dumber the more I look at it. Ortiz has gotten measurably better since he and Santana became affiliated with Jericho. This was a better match than the one with MJF, making me think that there's just not much chemistry between Cody and MJF. Fun finish, solid match, great opener.

I'll buy an Inner Circle GNR shirt. AWESOME use of the long take with Nick under the door. Dug the small things about this segment, like how they got into the rental car and waited for the ambulance.

STATLANDER/SHIDA. FUCK YES. I love that they're being paired together again, clearly they have solid chemistry. Good to see Priestley less gothed out. Nyla is trash. I'm surprised they haven't pushed Nyla as a "two spirit," especially since her tribe is one of the many Native tribes to recognize/accept transgender folk. The company clearly knows that Statlander is the crowd favorite and are building to a title run, I'm just hoping it happens before Nyla seriously injured somebody. Priestley with a little bit of charisma would be a star. "Holy Shida" chant is something I'm on board with. Decent enough match, wise to keep Nyla's direct involvement to a minimum.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score

One rumor I heard is Dynamite from the Hardy Compound.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Firmino of the 909 said:
https://twitter.com/klandergan/status/1238151903617388545

Blood and Guts ain't gonna happen.

Yo, it says non essential. They have to know the return of REAL pro wrestling is essential

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

My main issue with Death Triangle is it robs us of that sweet Lucha Bros theme

My nitpick from the main event was when Sammy got tagged in for the final stretch, the referee had his back turn. Not sure if it was the talent or the ref who mistimed that but next time they go to use the referee missed the tag trope, it is going to look extra silly to me seeing no one addressed this.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Avid Warehouse Enthusiast said:
Hangman dogging on the Bucks was hilarious.

Lance Archer looks like one of the dbags from Five Finger Death Punch. This is a lateral move from his debut forever ago as Kevin Nash...With a Tramp Stamp. Cody's tat just looks dumber the more I look at it. Ortiz has gotten measurably better since he and Santana became affiliated with Jericho. This was a better match than the one with MJF, making me think that there's just not much chemistry between Cody and MJF. Fun finish, solid match, great opener.

I'll buy an Inner Circle GNR shirt. AWESOME use of the long take with Nick under the door. Dug the small things about this segment, like how they got into the rental car and waited for the ambulance.

STATLANDER/SHIDA. FUCK YES. I love that they're being paired together again, clearly they have solid chemistry. Good to see Priestley less gothed out. Nyla is trash. I'm surprised they haven't pushed Nyla as a "two spirit," especially since her tribe is one of the many Native tribes to recognize/accept transgender folk. The company clearly knows that Statlander is the crowd favorite and are building to a title run, I'm just hoping it happens before Nyla seriously injured somebody. Priestley with a little bit of charisma would be a star. "Holy Shida" chant is something I'm on board with. Decent enough match, wise to keep Nyla's direct involvement to a minimum.

The thing I loved about that segment was it gave a logical explanation for things. This is something WWE doesn't do very well. The Elite went with Nick. That means that in the main event if Page gets beat down, they wouldn't be there and it gave a REASON for them not being there. It furthered the Blood and Guts story. It also gave Page an excuse to be more upset if something happened to him, his "friends" weren't there for him. Obviously we know what happened in the main event, but if they went that way, they were covered with a logical reason for things happening.

That's what I love about AEW. Since they have factions and trios, people have friends, so if something happens, they aren't left out there to look like a goof more times than not.

I also like the Britt/Swole interaction. It was a fun segment, again with logic. Swole's line ending with Bay bay was a good one. Swole has charisma, and the fans like her. If she got better in the ring, she'd be a great piece to the division.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/3/12/21177664/aew-dynamite-mar-18-new-location-jacksonville-rochester-coronavirus
Dynamite will be at Daily's Place with a restricted audience next Wednesday and the Newark show is officially postponed and the 3-22 episode will be at an undisclosed location.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dr. Luther signed a contract with AEW. To do what, I'm not sure since that awful stable with him, Brandi, and Kong that's name I already forgot got written off TV.

Good that Jericho can finally get his buddy a job though after 20 years of trying.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score

Luther attacked Jimmy Havoc on Dark this week. So we have that to look forward to.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

https://twitter.com/theadampage/status/1238520148908179461

Staff member
Reaction score

Bernie Bro Kamala said:
https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/3/12/21177664/aew-dynamite-mar-18-new-location-jacksonville-rochester-coronavirus
Dynamite will be at Daily's Place with a restricted audience next Wednesday and the Newark show is officially postponed and the 3-22 episode will be at an undisclosed location.

Nope, cancelled. Having these events at all is really irresponsible, so I'm glad.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

City of Jacksonville not allowing it. AEW deleted some of their match announcement tweets. Curious if they try to do something like the Hardy Compound now.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Where do you see that? Not seeing anything on Twitter or the newz sites.