Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW During the Pandemic (3/11/20 till ?????)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ole to Tully is a good one. I feel like even though Miz has surpassed Joey Mercury by quite a bit now, it was probably a downgrade at the time when their team started in '07/'08

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like even though Miz has surpassed Joey Mercury by quite a bit now, it was probably a downgrade at the time when their team started in '07/'08
Yeah, outside of the fun feud with Ballz Mahoney in WWECW, Miz had been pretty worthless up until that point.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Miz & Morrison was moment in Miz's career where people were like "Wait. The Miz might actually be a decent wrestling personality?" Before that, people wondered why the hell he was on the roster. I remember he hosted a WWE house show I went to in June '06 and he had major go away heat.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Wowza. I think that’s the first time AEW has been over a million since the first few weeks after the show started last year.

838,000 for NXT on Tuesday night, which is also strong. As much fun as it is for these two shows to go head-to-head, it certainly looks like there’s more money for everyone if they air on different nights.

Staff member
Reaction score
AEW's ratings are going to go up a lot with the more discontented WWE wrestlers they get. Eventually they will do a better number than Raw.

It's not the talent that has led to WWE having low ratings.

Also, they did this rating with people not having the slightest idea that Rusev would show up. The guy was mad popular before WWE undercut him repeatedly.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm guessing "eventually" will be sooner rather than later. RAW was 1.7 million this week and it'll only slip with Monday Night Football starting next Monday. I wouldn't bet on it like our man Cody! but I wouldn't be shocked if AEW scored a better rating than RAW before the end of NFL season.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
AEW's ratings are going to go up a lot with the more discontented WWE wrestlers they get. Eventually they will do a better number than Raw.

It's not the talent that has led to WWE having low ratings.

Also, they did this rating with people not having the slightest idea that Rusev would show up. The guy was mad popular before WWE undercut him repeatedly.

I just wish the show was better. That Rusev intro with all the best man stuff was brutal.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just watched this week’s Dynamite. Miro is cool and all, but I really hope he is the last WWE cast-off for a long time. Just too many on the roster at this point.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
These guys jumping over to AEW is basically the best thing that can happen for them and helps their ratings. It's no different than when WCW was signing guys.

The only person I would consider a castoff theyve signed since Dillinger was Cordona. All the others are valuable and obvious signings.

I really don't care for AEW in general but they need all the guys with "name" value to help draw in more eyeballs they can get. The Elite are still plastered all over TV and so are the other handful of acts that really caught on with the audience like Luchasauraus/JungleBoy, OC, Darby, etc.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
The show was fantastic. Will Hobbs is a star already. He looked great in the Battle Royal, they signed him, and he's in a main event feud right away. Very happy for him.

That main event was ::chef's kiss:: They pulled out all the stops, and didn't pussy around with it. They didn't just bump into the cars, they used the cars as weapons. This was pretty much an Americanized Zona23 match. It was the PERFECT end to a feud, exactly what it should have been. Everyone climbing into Sue's minivan and then Sue flipping the bird was the greatest.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Meltzer and Alvarez said there was some shooting in the Thunder Rosa/Ivelisse match. I have to go back and watch it but apparently there were some potatoes being thrown and at a certain point, both ladies stopped cooperating with each other. I told you hiring Ivelisse was going to be a problem!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm reading into things too much but the Buffalo Kids (Kevin Blackwood, Daniel Garcia, Puf, Megabyte Ronnie) got pulled off tomorrow's Beyond Wrestling show. Kind of surprised since they've all just appeared on AEW Dark but maybe AEW is locking up undercard guys now or it's a favor to Braxton Sutter, who is their trainer? PROBABLY the latter but it'd be nice if they were locking up some of the Dark guys.

Obviously, it'd suck if AEW overloads their roster like WWE does but if they're going to insist on Dark being two hours, it'd be nice if they developed some distinct personalities and young talent, unique of the A show.