Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW During the Pandemic (3/11/20 till ?????)

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
TNT changed network heads a month or two back and former network head was one who really pushed for bringing wrestling back to TNT.

You hate to see it. Ben Carter's the breakout guy of the moment and now this happens to him.

He and Alex Zayne (I know he's not AEW) both announced they have it today. I have to check, but I think they worked Warrior Wrestling together last week. I wonder if anyone else from that show, or any others, will be found to have it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Alex Zayne didn't say he tested positive, he just said he was exposed directly to someone who posted positive (presumably Ben Carter) and is canceling all of his indy matches for next two weeks.

According to Jon Alba, apparently 9 people who were at the last AEW tapings on 9/9 have tested positive so I am assuming that's where Ben Carter and Lance Archer got it.

I was just watching last Wednesday's show yesterday while visiting my folks and I was a bit uncomfortable at image of all the undercard guys huddled together maskless during the parking lot brawl. And that was before I learned about this.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Alex Zayne didn't say he tested positive, he just said he was exposed directly to someone who posted positive (presumably Ben Carter) and is canceling all of his indy matches for next two weeks.

According to Jon Alba, apparently 9 people who were at the last AEW tapings on 9/9 have tested positive so I am assuming that's where Ben Carter and Lance Archer got it.

I was just watching last Wednesday's show yesterday while visiting my folks and I was a bit uncomfortable at image of all the undercard guys huddled together maskless during the parking lot brawl. And that was before I learned about this.

You're right about Zayne. My mistake on that one. Also, Cage wrestled Carter 2 weeks ago, and he was also on the WW shows. I'm gonna reach out to Chris Bey today to make sure he's ok, and he can check with other that were there. I wonder if Luchasaurus came in contact, too. He wasn't on the show last night and he worked the WW show last week, too.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I hope Puf didn't catch it. As that would probably be the first Covid death in wrestling at his weight.

Staff member
Reaction score

Tony Khan is really really bigly dumb and this is how real sports people treat him

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Catching up on AEW while I am spending day at my folks house. Watching two weeks ago. I am REALLY starting to see what people mean RE: not knowing how to build a are when Rusev Moro debuts in a 50/50 tag team match against a midcard (at best) comedy tag team. He should be wrecking people.

As bad as WWE creative is, could you ever see them doing that with a hot free agent?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Catching up on AEW while I am spending day at my folks house. Watching two weeks ago. I am REALLY starting to see what people mean RE: not knowing how to build a are when Rusev Moro debuts in a 50/50 tag team match against a midcard (at best) comedy tag team. He should be wrecking people.

As bad as WWE creative is, could you ever see them doing that with a hot free agent?

Maybe not as hot as Miro, but Jake Atlas was signed during the height of his indie run to just sit on the sidelines of NXT and then do job after job.

Keith Lee was brought up to Raw to have 1 minute matches end in a count out, or get punted 2 (or 3?) weeks in a row.

That aside, Miro has been awful since they've brought him in. His match wasn't very good, and his video packages have been death to sit through.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yes.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I think Miro is a case of sometimes it's best that the wrestlers don't have control over their characters.

Miro probably thinks being an ass-kicking heel or babyface is boring and wants to branch out.

But, being a "funny" video-gamer just isn't something that makes people want to see matches.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah Miro has said he has no interest in being a foreign menace heel any longer. Wwe made him grow tired of playing that character

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
I can get that and appreciate him wanting to try something different

This current angle sucks but I at least want to see where Miro might go once they finally wrap the awful Best Man storyline, which is just making me want to see Sabian even less (and I wasn't really a fan of him to begin with)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I've really liked what I've seen from Warner in MLW so I'm all for him getting a new platform.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
That's been in talks for a while now. This whole, "Free Mance Warner" thing going on is because he wants out of the MLW contract to sign with them. I'm interested in how they'd use him. He's got great charisma, is very different from anyone else they have, and can go in the ring. He's one of the best brawlers around.

I'd love to see them sign all of Second Gear Crew and bring them in together, but that's not happening.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I think he would be a good hire. But, their roster is already too bloated. They really need to cut some of the dead weight on the roster.

I've always went against the conventional wisdom that having a huge roster filled with talent is a good thing. I think you're better off with a smaller roster that you feature every week. I think the product would be better by having guys like Darby, Ricky, MJF, Page etc.. on tv every week in matches and talking segments.

Last edited: