Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW During the Pandemic (3/11/20 till ?????)

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
What's interesting about it is that AEW really doesn't feature much women's wrestling at all. They usually average around 5-10 minutes a show. The thought process that featuring a bunch of women's wrestling would lead to more women viewers isn't really accurate. I know the above show's off the AEW women's roster, but they aren't really the ones responsible.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Gotta put the least valuable one of all front and center, too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What's interesting about it is that AEW really doesn't feature much women's wrestling at all. They usually average around 5-10 minutes a show. The thought process that featuring a bunch of women's wrestling would lead to more women viewers isn't really accurate. I know the above show's off the AEW women's roster, but they aren't really the ones responsible.
I think difference is, for most part with a few exceptions (Becky Lynch's initial face turn and feud with Ronda), is that WWE women's stuff seems obviously targeted towards adolescent and teen girls. Idk if WWE is trying to draw in 18-34 women but clearly, if they are they are confusing their taste with 12 to 15 year old girls.

AEW puts a lot of objectively attractive men front and center too (not to mention the fact that their storylines seem targeted towards young adults not kids). That's why the 18 to 34 year old females I know prefer AEW.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Sneaking Aubrey into that picture is my favorite part. I really like Aubrey but that's just kinda funny.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I think difference is, for most part with a few exceptions (Becky Lynch's initial face turn and feud with Ronda), is that WWE women's stuff seems obviously targeted towards adolescent and teen girls. Idk if WWE is trying to draw in 18-34 women but clearly, if they are they are confusing their taste with 12 to 15 year old girls.

AEW puts a lot of objectively attractive men front and center too (not to mention the fact that their storylines seem targeted towards young adults not kids). That's why the 18 to 34 year old females I know prefer AEW.
I gotta think the rise in female viewership would be even higher if Darby, Puf and Sammy were featured more.

Last edited:

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Bringing in Rusev for huge money. Making him a video gamer. Teaming him with a jobber that no one really likes. And then feuding him with Best Friends over a broken video game has to be among the worst booking decisions in wrestling history.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Bringing in Rusev for huge money. Making him a video gamer. Teaming him with a jobber that no one really likes. And then feuding him with Best Friends over a broken video game has to be among the worst booking decisions in wrestling history.
Feuding over a broken video game?

241d83306fc33d3dda50f3ba6df7b74aeb3605d8.jpg

Now, a shampoo commercial?

2a6a1fe17ca16df247f0d7d281d1e0101bb4f0af.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Laz

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

I'm a huge Best Friends fan, but this is the dumbest shit. The end of that tag match, what the fuck was Rick Knox ducking from? He wasn't in the way of anything. Then Miro attacks Best Friends because one of the FTR guys throws Trent into the video game? Why would Miro go after BF instead of FTR who caused the game to break? Fuck this is stupid as shit. It wasn't even needed. The match was going well enough without that outside shit.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He should be in matches where people have to suck dildos which is okay because they're 100% consenting adults.