Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW Year 2, Thread One

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
The pizza analogy perfectly encapsulates why so many of you are wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Reaction score
It's cute that New Englanders think they know pizza.

I remember watching a video on YouTube of wrestlers talking about their favorite pizza and Kofi (who grew up in MA) talked about how Boston pizza was better than NYC (the blasphemy) and specifically name dropped some place called "Pino's" as the best pizza he's eaten. Instantly became my least favorite wrestler in that moment.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's cute that New Englanders think they know pizza.

I remember watching a video on YouTube of wrestlers talking about their favorite pizza and Kofi (who grew up in MA) talked about how Boston pizza was better than NYC (the blasphemy) and specifically name dropped some place called "Pino's" as the best pizza he's eaten. Instantly became my least favorite wrestler in that moment.
Kofi is an idiot. There are just certain foods that belong to a city/region and that's that. Pizza? You have New York and Chicago along with Detroit. Barbecue? Carolinas, Texas and KC.

That said, Pineapple belongs on pizza and the pepperoni/pineapple combo is top tier.

Laz

Reaction score
It's cute that New Yorkers think they're flappy, thin as paper slices can match a good North End style pie or a South Coast Greek-style pan. Adorable, really.

Kofi, though, is an idiot. Pino's is trash.

Jug of Green Piss Connor

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I do acknowledge NYC as the King of Pizza and Joe's is best slice I have ever had. HOWEVER, it's dumb to say that they're the only people who can make good pizza in 2020. There's good pizza literally almost everywhere besides maybe where @tekcop lives.

Reaction score

I can't speak for the ENTIRE city as there are still a few raved places that I've yet to try (mostly because they're in Brooklyn) but this is my favorite place in Queens.

Jug of Green Piss Connor

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MAINE QUEENS should be the name of the show and we should incorporate Mario Cantone.

Edit: Just wikipedia'd Mario Cantone and he's actually not from NYC! He's from Stoneham! NEW ENGLAND GAY MAN!

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I do acknowledge NYC as the King of Pizza and Joe's is best slice I have ever had. HOWEVER, it's dumb to say that they're the only people who can make good pizza in 2020. There's good pizza literally almost everywhere besides maybe where @tekcop lives.
There was a really good Chicago-style pizza place right across the border in Mississippi, but they went out of business due to Corona. :( We used to trek out there a couple times a month.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Every pizza place in Memphis (except the aforementioned Chicago-style place) sells BBQ pizza. Which isn't really that weird in 2020, but I was reading about it and it turns out that the first place to sell pizza in Memphis in the 50's was only able to convince people to try it after they put BBQ on it.

Also, Carolina BBQ is terrible.

Jug of Green Piss Connor

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As TSM's resident food contrarian, I...can't make a strong defense for Carolina BBQ. I mean it's a fine option but it just seems way, way worse than Texas, Memphis, or Kansas City style. If you think it's the best and aren't from the Carolinas, gtfoh. And I LOVE mustard and vinegar but that being the entire base for your style? OK, pal.

Laz

Reaction score
Legitimate Italian pizza is like legitimate Italian government.

Also, talking pizza is the most activity this thread has gotten in months. I predict a Pizza Parlor Deathmatch by March.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
AEW is going to read this and sign the comedy indy wrestler with a pizza chef gimmick then you guys are all going to whiningly wonder why that happened.
You say this in jest but I would be legit shocked if you didn’t work a Maine Indy show someday as a heel manager with a pizza chef gimmick getting cheap heat with the gross pizzas you try to make people here look at

Alert to @The Art of Postin' for confirming since no way in hell he AEW thread out