Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW Year 2, Thread One

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
alright, I'm ordering a pizza tonight and it sure as fuck ain't having pineapple on it.
3.jpg

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
In actual AEW related posting, after watching the last couple weeks of Dark? I can safely say that the Bucks are one of the worse teams on the roster.

The Acclaimed, meanwhile, are one of the better ones. Lots of little character digs during the matches and they're no slouches in the work department, either.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
It was over once everyone saw how high your reaction score was. We can't allow you to get too full of yourself. We''ll get jealous of someone else soon. I heard that @hawk34 is pretty loaded somewhere once. He might be next.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

I can't speak for the ENTIRE city as there are still a few raved places that I've yet to try (mostly because they're in Brooklyn) but this is my favorite place in Queens.

This is a great place, but I'm partial to Francesco's (in Queens), but I've been eating there literally my entire life. My parents moved into the apartment they live in now right before I was born, almost 40 years ago. Francesco's has been there the entire time. It's my favorite place for pizza, but there are great places all over. White Point, by where I currently live in College Point is really good, too.

Laz

Reaction score
Dark would be better served with a little more recap of the past week's Dynamite and a lot less pimping of the Bucks' autobiography.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
If by developmental he means just bringing in indie talent to see who gets over enough to give a contract, then I'm for it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Dark would be better served with a little more recap of the past week's Dynamite and a lot less pimping of the Bucks' autobiography.
It’s funny because when I was regularly watching the WWE C shows in recent years, I was always frustrated because I rather watch another match with guys with less exposure than see a recap of the Randy Orton segments from RAW.

I’ve not gotten around to watching Dark ever but I feel like I rather see the book shill as it would be new content to me, as opposed to the Dynamite footage I just watched the other night.

Then again, I also take for granted folks who maybe don’t have cable or TNT and Dark is how they follow AEW.

Laz

Reaction score
@Baby Shoes
There's a happy middle ground where a few brief recaps of Dynamite, maybe 10-15 minutes in total per episode of Dark, are shown in the 2 hours and 15 minutes. Show me a Hangman promo, give me a quickie recap of what's going on with Mox, etc.

USE YOUR PROGRAMMING TO ADVERTISE YOUR OTHER PROGRAMMING.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Totally fair and valid, @Laz

Without watching I’m forming my opinion on WWE reairing boring 20 minute segments in their entirety

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Are the bucks still doing their youtube thing where all the storyline and promo stuff happens? Why isn't that on Dynamite or Dark?

Laz

Reaction score
Are the bucks still doing their youtube thing where all the storyline and promo stuff happens? Why isn't that on Dynamite or Dark?
Can't speak for Dynamite since I've only watched maybe an hour since the end of the TNT title tournament, but Dark has practically zero story or character development outside of matches and some quips by Excalibur/Taz. They do run about 4 ads for the Bucks book and 2 for Jericho's champagne per episode, though.

Reaction score
THEY GOT FUCKING STING!

He can't wrestle anymore, right? AEW have a lot of managers so not sure what his role will be yet. Maybe tag with Cody where he'll only need to do the Scopion Deathlock and win?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I loved it. If done right I think a cross-over could be great. Especially if you get some impact women's talent mixed in. And the Good Brothers.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I enjoyed it as well. I hope it doesn't turn into a Khan v Callis program which they sorta teased.

Sting has signed a multi year deal with AEW