Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW Year 2, Thread One

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Count me in in Team Kid Romeo. I love that Cruiserweight Tag tourney and think the finals (Skipper/Romeo vs. Rey/Kidman) is one of the best tag matches in WCW history.

Starks just...meh? There's too much "meh" on the roster for a company that calls itself All Elite Wrestling. It reminds me of when half the indie companies before the ROH boom had "extreme" or "hardcore" in their name but ran a very WWF 1992-style show.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. AEW's undercard seems a bit too grab baggy for my liking so far. WWE's been blasted for signing people just for the sake of other promotions not having them but I think AEW has been guilty of that too.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm surprised that people here don't like him. I thought he would be a guy people here would like.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...haven't they only had, like, a handful of matches in the last year?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah that's really odd placing them at #1. They've had a few good ones in AEW already but didn't really really work many matches this year.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
...haven't they only had, like, a handful of matches in the last year?
PWI’s timeframe is different. I think it is June to June or July to July but that would make it even odder since that barely covers their AEW run?

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PWI's lists are all based on kayfabe so I guess "disrepected tag team leaving one company and moving to another and becoming champions" is a strong enough to beat out things like the Street Profits and New Day just randomly having the tag belts for 240+ days over the past year. There's not many other mainstream options, which usually headline these lists.

CageMatch says FTR has had 14 matches in AEW this year, and they had 12 matches in WWE this year (because house shows).

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Fuck all this FTR or AEW shit. Where did Mr. Ooh La La rank this year?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dynamite up to 850000 viewers last night. They finished 7th in all of cable in the DEMO

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
But for real, if this is in any indication of the environment, I can see how Kylie Rae would've had a breakdown.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I've met Louie a few times. Once at All In. The one boss he's talking about is DDP (not sure if he wants that out there or not, but I figure no one here will go run to twitter with that). He did DDP yoga and actually stayed in DDP's house for awhile. Having met him I can certainly say he's a character. He was nice enough to me, but I could see why some might not favor being around him.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm trying to go through the tread, but somewhere along the lines he clarified that he was working for a studio that did work for AEW, and that it wasn't AEW directly. From what a lot of people are saying, it seems like his boss at the studio had a problem with him, and Cody might not have even known who the guy was since he didn't work for AEW. I'm trying to piece things together from the thread.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I've met Louie a few times. Once at All In. The one boss he's talking about is DDP (not sure if he wants that out there or not, but I figure no one here will go run to twitter with that). He did DDP yoga and actually stayed in DDP's house for awhile. Having met him I can certainly say he's a character. He was nice enough to me, but I could see why some might not favor being around him.

A friend of mine did DDP Yoga a few years back. She had interactions with DDP on the regular. She said that they started fine when she was starting out on the plan, but once she got further along he started telling her that she needed to stick to a diet that he came up with. When she told him that she had a particular diet she had to keep due to an illness he flipped out on her and started to become verbally abusive and condescending. She stopped shortly after because she couldn't deal with him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Their staff, like their audience, are too woke for this toxicity to be legitimate.
Safly, I think toxic masculinity is so entrenched in the wrestling industry, that I don’t think we will see a major promotion that doesn’t have a bullying culture in the next decade.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wrestlinginc has contacted AEW about this story and are awaiting a response. They have broken several stories lately so they are a credible site

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt a lot of things in this story and will leave it at that for now. Except that DDP is a piece of shit. But the rest is a bunch of "supposedly" and "apparently" and "someone told me".

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seems to me that the most likely version is DDP is a POS and was probably lying to him about a lot of the Cody stuff and the main source of the bullying.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Something tells me there is more to this story so I’m not gonna cry a river for this guy yet