Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AIM Error

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I recently bit the bullet and finally decided to download AIM.

Unfortunately, both times i've tried to use it, i've got this error come up which closes the program down:

problem.jpg

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn it Garth, I thought someone had solved the problem!

EVERYbody uses AIM on here. Everybody should use MSN, dammit!

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Virtually everyone I've known through middle school, high school, and college used AIM. Not too many MSN or Yahoo users from what I can tell (although more people I know online use those two).

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, TRILLIAN is still around???

I used that YEARS ago.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We're in the wrong country, Garth.

I've got Trillian. Not sure if its working as I don't have any friends on AIM.

Man, I thought this through well.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thanks anyway Sabre, but I've closed it down now as i'm installing something that is like 400meg. My PC can't handle things like Trillian, MSN, iTunes and, er Windows.

Haha.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's funny you mentioning that.. My laptop would stop working because it overheated so much. I'd turn the bastard on and automatically i'd feel the warmth on my hand. Fun times.

griffinmills

I finally changed this.
Reaction score
Vitamin X said:
No, meebo is miles ahead of AIM express for that kind of stuff.

www.meebo.com

Ahh, Meebo is the Trillian Express of Aim Express.
Aim Express is the Aim Express of Aim, if you catch my meaning.
Very cool, will recommend it for folks that don't balk at using anything not specifically from AOL itself!

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sorry sir, I do not catch your meaning. But meebo is pretty much the best web app to use for logging on to web browsers. Apparently, it's a bit too popular as a lot of work computers block it. Not mine, though!

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I used ICQ in the mid 90s, up until about 2001 I guess. My fondest memory of ICQ is people getting all uppity over rumours and fake messages stating ICQ was going to start charging per message. I actually see people joining Facebook groups in 2009 about the same thing happening to that service, so I guess that sort of thing lives on today.

I started using AIM after I heard people talking about / I forgot my ICQ # / I forgot the name and ICQ # of most people I knew after an upgrade or reinstall. I honestly thought people moved on to MSN years ago, but people from the board said it was their chat tool of choice, so now I use that and MSN. By "use AIM and MSN", I mean I have both programs, I'll use AIM at specific times to join a chat (though I use it a bit more now just to randomly see if people I know from here are online) and MSN logs me in when I turn my Xbox on unless I remember to change my options. Almost everyone I talk to from my real life uses these programs very infrequently and I find it easier to message them on facebook.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only people I knew who used ICQ were my high school teachers. Pretty amusing to hear a random "uh-oh" pop-up during the middle of classes.