Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Alex Trebek Passes Away

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
My thread was going to be titled "Answer: Stage Four Pancreatic Cancer." Then "What is going to kill Alex Trebek?"

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I watched that video of him announcing it and it made me well up to be honest

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope he can hold out against it but I'm not having high hopes. This really sucks :(

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Awful and somewhat stunning news. RIP Trebek!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was thinking about Trebek recently when Sean Connery passed, after a friend brought up the old SNL Celebrity Jeopardy sketches. Kind of wild they passed so close to each other so many years later.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know they had other hosts before him but I honestly can’t imagine anyone else hosting Jeopardy! besides him.

I don’t think any of us will really be able to adjust to Anderson Cooper or whoever replaces him as host.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's gonna be weird. I got used to Drew Carey on Price Is Right, but they need to find someone fairly innocous and inoffensive like Drew to host Jeopardy. Anderson Cooper would be good tbh. He does come off like a professional at least which Jeopardy needs. You can't just throw Larry The Cable Guy or some former SNL cast member (Sorry Leslie) to host.

Alex has always been my favorite game show host by far. He carried himself so much classier than the rest and he was very funny when he wanted to be. Jeopardy definitely won't be the same and it will take years for me to adjust to not seeing Trebek do his thing.

RIP

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RIP Trebek.

I got really into jeopardy last year and they have some contestants that would be good fits to take over as host.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like Ken Jennings has been low key angling to be Alex's replacement the last 10 or so years (or however long he's been relevant). To me, that would make the most sense. Also when I heard Alex died, I thought "You're going to be initiating discussion about his replacement before his body's even cold on TRTSM."

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I can absolutely see it being Ken Jennings, or for entertainment purposes, James Houlzhauer.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw Joe Rogan brought up as longshot replacement suggestion.

I feel like, as a society, we will have failed if the guy who barely fact checks Alex Jones becomes the next host of Jeopardy!

* @BruiserBrody does Bull Shannon head slap*

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Just make it Ken Jennings. It's boring and and won't be weird and distracting.

Which is why we're going to get like Rudy Giuliani.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh god it would take him a whole set of tapings to even get through the first round.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Just make it Ken Jennings. It's boring and and won't be weird and distracting.

Which is why we're going to get like Rudy Giuliani.
We could get some really interesting alternate locations with this host.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
What do you guys think of LeVar Burton being rumored as the new host? As an old school reading rainbow guy I would like it.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
That would mean he's back from being lost at sea with Troy Barnes, which means we may get that movie.

RIP Alex