Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

All things HE-MAN

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'm not even into He-Man and I think that looks fantastic.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's a He-man official channel on Youtube. I don't remember this, but in the Cringer backstory, he's a rescue that was almost eaten by a larger wild cat. I thought that was pretty cool since my cat himself is a chicken shit that is a rescue found in the wild almost eaten by a wild animal (a hawk was circling him).

Currently have my Battlecat and Panthor sitting on top of my sports card shelf.

Also discovered that Masters of the Universe trading cards were a thing in 1984. As if I needed another collection to seek out.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
$_57.JPG

Anyone recognize what toyline that Gator is from? I don't think its MOTU

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't look like any MOTU figure I've come across. I googled alligator/crocodile/reptile/lizard with both MOTU and GI Joe to see.

Keep in mind there was a LOT of knockoffs at that time too. I had a full knockoff off Snake Mountain with random evil minions that were nothing like the members of Skeletor's group.

Also a quick glance of Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles, and Thundercats gives me nothing as well.

EDIT: Asked two large volume action figure collectors and neither of them recognized it. If this is an ebay listing and you message the seller, let me know b/c I'm really curious now.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I had that Frankenstein Ghostbusters figure. Don't know what happened to it.

I still have the Manta Ray figure in my toy chest at my mom's. Assuming it hasn't been destroyed or taken by one of my nephews.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/lutzke82/posts/10154661753312806

Here's my collection. I just took some quick pictures before I rearrange the basement. This also includes my wrestling figures and other assorted toys. I have all but a handful of the He-man line, but I didn't take pics to accentuate them.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I loved so many of those toys. Had Snake Mountain and Castle Grey Skull. Had nearly everything there MOTU. My dad was buying me everything he could find. But then stopped once they were just releasing variations of characters and not much new stuff.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Anybody hate watch the Kevin Smith Netflix series that had the nerd world raging recently?
I enjoyed it. It has some flaws, but overall part 1 has promise. I've muted someone who I've known 20+ years for coming at me with misogynistic rage revolving around some of the plot, without going into spoilers for anyone here that's on the fence.

The animation looks good, the storyline is a continuation from when we were kids but aimed more toward adults. There's even a well timed "damn" in there across one of the 5 episodes.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I know people burned down the internet because Teela was the main focus in the first half of the season. I didn’t have a problem with that in general, but I think SMG is just bad in the roll.

Overall I think it’s very good work. Goddamn Cersei, and Davos crush it. Henry Rollins has a great roll for him. Hamill is obviously aces. The animation looks great. Looking forward to more.

Reactions: SFH

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
102_0839.jpg

102_0840.jpg

102_0841.jpg

102_0842.jpg

102_0843.jpg

102_0845.jpg

Local dude sold me all this for 200 bucks. Probably worth at least twice that if I divided it out on ebay.
LOL at the price explosion. Now just Scare Glow loose with cape and weapon will fetch 270.

--
With a commercial this awesome, no wonder I begged Mama Brody for one of these swords in 1989.

I had it in working condition until 10 years ago when I had a house warming party and my shit head cousins kids tore it apart. (They also hung from my ceiling tile bars in the basement and snapped a bunch of them off.)