Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

All Time Saturday Night Live Cast Draft-2020 Draft Completed!

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I honestly thought Al had already gone. Nice pick.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
140207_2724061_Weekend_Update_Segment___Chicago_Weddings_anvver_2.jpg

Beth Cahill

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
81819E48-B9DB-40AF-B3B5-044B6075693C.jpeg

I always really liked Garrett Morris as a kid. Chico Escuela and the weekend update News for the hard of hearing especially... plus my cast could use some diversity.

@OG

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I almost went for Garrett a few rounds ago. He's one of those who would've been bigger in the 80s, when there were less coked out murder robots.

OG

OG
Reaction score
Going harder on the 80’s than I expected but this is another guy I’m personally a fan of. He was only on for a couple of years and happened to be part of some really bad seasons but I’ve always enjoyed his schtick and he gives me a variation on the Blues Brothers. When you can’t get John, you get the next best thing... Jim Belushi

RW2aaI2tgGChoPz27_hgV2J1mKl-h6FWovF2zCh_2XNSHgedla4GHUNsp9AKwpuuCBSbbEGOXJ0ipZTVPuIssVPpL1hEF382eikkhVmwXqQoVNZ1T951V8TlRcM9DgWQxpek0Nt-zTwraSRXRILt4Q

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Well, Garrett Morris and Jim Belushi were my 1 and 2 on my board, so...

He can be a bit character in sketches, but honestly grabbing him mostly since he was the one who did the TV Funhouse segments.

smigel.jpg

Robert Smigel

And that should bring @Brooklyn Zoo back up

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know he has 40 years of living over his brother, but Jim has probably been apart of the three best things either brother has done with Twin Peaks: The Return, Show Me A Hero, and Thief. He also grows pot now which has lead to some funny pictures

april-dispatch-belushi_mfc6sj.jpg

1a803318-0fa6-4e0f-9217-7fef60ccfe9b-large3x4_BROLLJim_Belushi_003.jpg

Also, dammit I was gonna draft Abby next. I always liked her and she was another female cast member from that era that I thought got held back by Wiig getting all the sketches.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
There isn't anybody else on the board that I feel is a must grab at this point, so I'm looking at if I can slot someone with the existing cast. This is a guy who never seemed to stand out to me in sketches, but I think slotting him with Dennis Miller as a co-anchor on Update and going "what the hell are you talking about" when Miller tries to sound overly intelligent could make for fun TV.

gettyimages-138448405_-_h_2015.jpg

Colin Quinn

And @OG is up

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Colin Quinn was a really good Weekend Update correspondent. I don't think anyone could have succeeded, replacing Norm given the outcry after Don Ohlmeyer railroaded Norm after the show. I think Lorne thought the fact that Colin is buddies with Norm would make the transition easier but somehow made it worse and Colin Quinn always looked mad uncomfortable.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Quinn was fine once you get past his stilted delivery. He's so much better than the current guys imo. He is memorable and stood out at least.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I didn’t like Quinn on update. Other than his introduction I really can’t recall anything he did at the desk.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I meant more his persona and stuff being memorable. His brash New YAWK shtick stands out more than being a Ivy league white guy.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Quinn had only one character and different costumes. At least Billy Crystal could bust out the blackface in between being Old Jewish Man.

OG

OG
Reaction score
As JHawk said, there’s no must-draft guys left. I’ve taken a lot of Everyman types, let’s get a little loopy. Probably a reach but I was a fan despite his billions of limitations. Chris Kattan

no picture this time.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
F0B8E687-F452-4E9A-BD61-2F93DB06975E.jpeg
Laura Kightlinger

seen a bunch of people making picks for people who didn’t do much on SNL, but did much better off the series. I’ll take one of those. Laura only had one year on the show, solid performer, without too much memorable contributions though.

@The Valeyard

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Another example of someone who was underutilized on the show, but was funny when he was there and his knack for voices has a lot of potential too.

harry-shearer-bill-murray-snl.jpg

Harry Shearer

that spot-on wallace impersonation would be a great correspondent on Weekend Update.

@Gert

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am at camp right now so might now and posting on my phone so I probably won’t be able to update OP for a few days.

Going to pick another super talented Season 11 performer who was lost in the shuffle of that shot show season. I think she will fit better with my cast.

1596249624415.jpeg
Danitra Vance