Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

American Crime Story: Impeachment

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how Beanie Feldstein does in a serious role, last thing I saw her in was essentially American Pie with female protagonists (and that's grossly oversimplifying it to just say teen comedy)

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Bingeing this.... half done....Am I supposed to be cheering Slick Willy on or am I a bad person?. Tripp is clearly a heel, Paula is a putz. Stephen Jones is a meathead, and Monica is a hot mess, and apparently had issues with messy relationships with people in power over her long before Clinton came into her life.
Lewinsky being a producer surprised me given how she is portrayed.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I respect her for allowing them to show her in an honest light (if the presentation is to be believed). I enjoyed it, but would have preferred if it wasn't part of the "American Crime Story" franchise. Murphy and his team do a wonderful job putting this together. The cast was wonderful. And maybe I'm holding on to some preexisting late 90s bias, but "crime" is still bs to me with this. American Drama Story, sure.

As a character in the show, Monica made poor choices, yes, but they were her own choices as an adult and I refuse to vilify her for that. Would I prefer someone I care about make better choices if put in a similar position? Sure, but I'm not going to begrudge someone for taking a swing at scoring one with the leader of the free world. In the context of the show, she was pretty content with keeping it a private matter until she made the error of confiding in Tripp. I feel like I cannot competently evaluate the Clinton presentation in the show without inadvertently applying real life Bill Clinton thoughts, speculations, and memories, so I'll leave that alone and let one of you more television/film critical types tackle that if you so choose.

Paula Jones character seemed to match what I remembered as a kid. That's all I can really say, the character annoyed me but she might have been a victim of a sex crime so I'm holding back out of respect.

Also, I feel like the show ended anti-climatically. Like holding in a gas pain all day and then when you get to your car, it's a popcorn fart.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This series is finally on Hulu this week.

Watched the first two episodes last night and I agree with @SFH that it seems like it should've been labeled as something else besides American Crime Story. I don't think the Clinton impeachment is really similar to Andrew Cunnan's killing streak or the OJ murders.

Season 4 is planned to be about the rise and fall of Studio 54 so it's kind of funny that the crimes have gotten increasingly less severe over the course of the series. From murder to sexual harassment to TAX EVASION. At this rate, I'm guessing Season 5 will be about Jussie Smollett or the time Dave Matthews Band's tour driver dumped a bunch of waste on a boat tour on the Chicago River.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
This series is finally on Hulu this week.

Watched the first two episodes last night and I agree with @SFH that it seems like it should've been labeled as something else besides American Crime Story. I don't think the Clinton impeachment is really similar to Andrew Cunnan's killing streak or the OJ murders.

Season 4 is planned to be about the rise and fall of Studio 54 so it's kind of funny that the crimes have gotten increasingly less severe over the course of the series. From murder to sexual harassment to TAX EVASION. At this rate, I'm guessing Season 5 will be about Jussie Smollett or the time Dave Matthews Band's tour driver dumped a bunch of waste on a boat tour on the Chicago River.
Season 4 is going to feature Paul E, Bigelow and Flair!?!?!?