Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

America's Got Talent

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
This little Hawaiian girl is not doing well. Me thinks she won't last.

I thought she rocked it (and I think most of the music acts stink). I thought her outfit was the worst part of the act.

The Sword Swallower looked like he slipped twice during his act. Once at the end of the hand stand and once with the pole.

The video package for the Struck Boyz made me want to slap each of them across the head. I thought the dancing with meh and the only votes will come from teen girls and Catholic Priests.

Marty was pretty bad, have to agree...felt bad for him though

I said "That's it?" at the end of the Aquanuts' bit.

I find it disingenuous that the judges tell other acts "I don't see this as a full show" and "you need to improve on your last act" and then gush all over Men on a Mission singing the same song as last time and admitting they have no interest in expanding the act.

Reaction score
Yeah. I thought the sword swallower was going to die when he slipped.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Brody that was the worst part - anytime they had something bad to say, it was "this isn't a full show", but suddenly for THOSE GUYS, it was "people say you can't do a full show, but who cares, you have talent!".

Crossing my fingers they're gone tonight. I like the Sword Swallower gymnast but that might be from the week he appeared to be dressed as Eastern European Owen Hart.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
A friend and I had picked acts Kid acrobats / girl singer / Sword Man / Forte to go through with Angela being my back-up since I wasn't sure about the girl... but I didn't see the Hick Vote coming in to vote Marty through.

I was pleased as punch when Anglea went through to ensure I never have to see that Booty act again.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is Robin Thicke always that fucking terrible? He wasn't even singing, he was basically just doing the world's laziest rapping. And his look is trying to be David Bowie but he sure does strongly resemble Vanilla Ice.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I [was] a huge Stern fan, but I don't know how anyone can watch this show besides Heidi's tits, which are incredible for her age.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't "watch" it, but my mom sure as shit does and that means I get to have a few more braincells killed during dinner every night. As for Stern: I loved that during Thicke's song, while all the judges stood up and danced (almost certainly by order of the producers), the other three were all facing the hard camera while Stern made like Larry Zybyzko and turned around to play to the crowd instead.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Audibly screamed WHAT!~!??!?! when Marty went over 2 acts I thought had a strong shot for this week's final four.

Pretty stunned that more Americans voted for a meh impressionist act than the heavily pushed Men on a Mission duo who IIRC "headlined" 2 separate AGT shows.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Jingus said:
I don't "watch" it, but my mom sure as shit does and that means I get to have a few more braincells killed during dinner every night.

Hey, not everything can be pro wrestling.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mel B looked a bit shitty tonight.

I was clinching my teeth at the balloon acrobat while they were in the air. Not very flashy though.

The Chicago Boyz felt like a bit like a Parade act at times, some cool high spots though.

The China dancin' girls reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbVVsP0uins

The Dog seemed to do the same trick...a lot... *jumps through arms* I felt terrible for the owner after the judges shit all over her.

I hate the song that the Bro/Sis sang and that tainted the performance for me...

That was a neat twist on a old trick for the magician.

Liked the Chunker singing... Should go through given what she has followed so far.

The Snake seemed to forget to play along with being threatening and was more like it wanted to GTFO.

Opera guy was fine but...His gay whining for votes turns me off. Go get drunk like a real man!

Video game dancer was pretty cool - Seemed very likable on top of that.

The impressionist was able to recover from having to follow a great act. He was fun.

Army Wife Gospel was....ok...good(?).... I don't dig the pandering.

foleyfanforever88

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I fucking HATE Jonathan "hey in case you guys forgot from last week my parents kicked me out cause im gay and I'm just looking for someone to love and accept me" Allen.

Reaction score
It's fucking nonsense they did keep in the brother and sister but kept in the army wives. Fuck their stupid pandering.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I thought Keichi, Chicago Boyz, Bro and Sister Savannah, and Army Wives were going through but in the back of my head I thought America might vote for crying redhead of the 3rd best opera singer on the show (because he's gay if he didn't mention it lately). 3/4 isn't bad, I'm happy redhead won't be crying on TV anymore... until Mel B brings her back as a Judge Wildcard.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The snake needs to bite that guy for anyone to give a shit about that act.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DrVenkman said:
Jingus said:
I don't "watch" it, but my mom sure as shit does and that means I get to have a few more braincells killed during dinner every night.

Hey, not everything can be pro wrestling.
Considering the fact that I literally cannot remember the last time I watched Raw. that's a strangely relevant metaphor.

I haven't seen the Army Wives perform, but they're pretty much pandering with the I HAVE FAMILY IN THE MILITARY card. (I am SO tired of "I'm a veteran!" dropped into arguments without context, like this one jerk on Facebook who did such while blathering about how he's apparently misread the Constitution and blames Obama for everything.) Would the same bitches be onstage if they were married to accountants? "YAY WE TAKE CREDIT FOR STUFF DONE BY SOMEBODY ELSE, PLEASE SHOWER US WITH PATRIOTIC LOVE!"

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Live blogging (via DVR) as usual...so if me and the judges jive, all the better I guess...

The orchestra that sings pop songs feels novelty like to me. Paul Anka sort of beat them to it.

The 11 year old was solid, but that song was too adult for her, if we are nit picking song choices.

The Unicycle Family was a cool 90 seconds, but probably suffers from "Is this a whole show?" syndrome.

The 3D show seemed to lack an overall story, and could have been much better. Super talent to time that all out though. The Chinese guy stole this "gimmicks" thunder.

The Kids band was meh.

The dude hanging from the globe act didn't do much for me. I really didn't get the Judges standing "O".

Piano girl was good, but Stern and the other judges are over doing the "Your a star" talk. Especially when last week's band that "should have an album now!" got voted off. I think she'll need more flare to survive if she makes it through.

Rikishi and the Crappy Slappy act was turrible, just turrible....When Howie buzzes a train wreck act you know it's bad.

Awkward Comedy Guy made me giggle :)

Twirl a girl didn't do much for me. Good music choice though.

The Fire Juggling trick had great build, but the actual act almost went too well. David Copperfield has "danger" built into his acts like this - such as when hanging over a deadly object he is tied to 3 burning ropes, which he allows to burn down to one, before completing his act.

Really hate when country acts sing "pop" songs. Brian Adams is never a good song choice. (Crush joke). Under whelmed by performance. Better than Marty.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can't deny the hick vote...

Once it came down to awkward comedian and 11 year old girl, I suspected a judges split and an audience result.

Looking forward to Daredevil, Rube Goldberg (Probably will be cut) and the hmmmm....Joe Cocker(?) esque chubby singer next week!

They really need to work on their timing. Somebody fire Billy Kidman.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The NAACP Gospel was fine, but then I realized this wasn't a Joel Osteen contest. Solid stuff though probably not vote winning material.

Lil Girl With the Greatest Future Sex Life Ever won't make it through but was a crazy viewing experience...plus she blew her finish...

>>I'm pretty sure either Howie lies a bunch or else he doesn't get out much.

>> I can't tell if Howie and Howard have real heat or not. I know he goes on Stern's show....

Dave "Not Fit" Fenley is still bringing the goods :)

'Fro and her hip hop did nothing for me.

>> Really sick of that same "Blacklist" commercial.

>> Any truth to the rumor that Micheal J Fox didn't sign a NBC contract and merely shook on it?

That daredevil act had to be nerve racking live - my eyes spontaneously went WIDE. Not sure the swing was the spectacular finish it needed to be. Probably a solid maybe for a vote through. Mel's reaction back on stage was funny.

The Contortionist Love Story will probably be a solid vote getter among the women folk.

El Matador Dos Kiddos was a very impressive follow up to the last act. Fun Chemistry in the interviews w/ the ex-"lovers"

"What hurt the most" was my ears after that rendition...

The comedian is hurt by running a sad story about his past before he is to become Mr. Giggles. Decent lil' bit outta him.

Good Mechanics from Sprice Goldberg - lacks the flash personally to sell himself for votes and the act probably will not make it through.

Pretty underwhelming dancing from the youngsters (compared to the rest tonight)

Shadow dancers made a real tough case to not be voted through.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
1374559051_2105_D%27Angelo%20%26%20Amanda.jpg
robokids.jpg

I knew that kid reminded me of someone...