Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

America's Got Talent

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
There's a goofy site that is claiming to have captured demonic pictures during the magician with the imaginary friend.

No real shockers this week. Juan Carlos will be on RAW every week if Vince gets wind of him. Carlos already bought fat Goldust's old outfit.

OldSchoolWrestling

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Howard Stern had been saying for a while that a magician could win it. I didn't even think he was the best magician on the show. I was pulling for Boyz II Men Sons of Serendip, but actually thought the blonde chick singer would win.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I was rooting for Acro Army but happy a magician won (even though I thought David and Leeman were much more charismatic as a duo). Emily West annoyed me since she's apparently already a very well known singer in the country world.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How in the world does the comedian get 2 mins meanwhile the mentalist rambles on for like 10 mins as his slight of hand fails to overcome the frequent act botcher Sophia. (@King Kamala Care to share a story about nerves or bombing like poor Singh endured here?)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
(@King Kamala Care to share a story about nerves or bombing like poor Singh endured here?)
I had a anxiety attack onstage once at a small brewery show like 6 or 7 years ago, pretty much out of nowhere. I have no idea what triggered. It wasn't a particularly bad show that would shake someone either. Just a sleepy weeknight comedy show. I started panicking about talking about what a horrible time I was having. And weirdly, I had enough experience at that point to kind of make it funny so the audience all thought it was part of the act. Like I wouldn't say it was great but none of the other comedians noticed anything was wrong until after the show.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was wondering if the singers were going to cancel each other out somewhat in the votes, but Jimmy Herrod not making the top 5 after being the ordained winner for weeks was a legit shocker.

I thought for sure the Latina singer was going to win after Herrod went out as she was FIRE in her last few shots.
I blanked out on the sky spinner's act during the finals, as I guess I feel the air acrobat acts feel samey year after year. I wonder if him being a cute youngster gave him an edge. The magician was also a hip young dude, so he may have gotten the love from the audience (I assume teens/young adults are the most likely to vote on a show like this.)

The million dollars is going to a good dude though.