Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

America's Least Essential Restaurant

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
No it's not. It's ridiculously overpriced.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They shut down the DQ in ol' Athens, Alabama years ago because of absurdly low health scores. They built a new one at a different location last year, and it was so popular it came close to shutting down the locally owned real restaurant across the street.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
No it's not. It's ridiculously overpriced.

Yeah, but that goes for ice cream in general. Except for the McDonald's cone.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I'm spoiled by all the dairy bars around here.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't been inside a DQ in years, but I remember them being dirty. I assume that's the case of all of them everywhere even now.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The DQ back home is a hot hang out spot for old bikers. They even have live bands every Thursday.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DQ is what alerted me to the fact that I might be lactose intolerant. Had a Blizzard™ with a friend in 04 the day before a major operation out of town. Went from DQ to the hospital's hotel, 90 minute drive, and I had the worst stomach pains the whole way there. Every gas station along the way either wouldn't open up or in the case of one in Hahnville, LA, the guy ahead of me decided it'd be a good time to enjoy a few cigarettes in the enclosed single stall bathroom while he shit.

Maybe I'm just garbage intolerant?

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've heard that you're more likely to get sick from a milkshake at a fast food place than from anything else they might serve

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard those places don't clean out their shake machines well at all.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27448689
Can you believe that Red Lobster sold for $2.1 billion?

Maybe I'm biased because I'm on the (b)East Coast but I misread this as $21 Million at first and was like "Eh, seems about right." and then looked it again and was like "WHAT!?"

Downright baffled that there are still 706 Red Lobsters in North America. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!?

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
LIMA DELTA said:
get your new england privilege OUTTA HERE brother, lots of ppl in America's heartland don't have access to good seafood.

yeah, they have Red Lobster

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
phil-jackson.jpg

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I refuse to eat at a Red Lobster unless my fiance comes across a decent coupon. The price:portion ratio is downright pathetic. Unless they're doing all you can eat Shrimp, and even then the shrimp is sub par at best.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Forgot to post but last month i got myself a large Blizzard at DQ when i visited my friend in suburban Pennsylvania. it ruled. If DQ was easily accessible here in NY (I mentioned that they opened one on Staten island but they actually opened one on 14th street in Manhattan) then I would just get ice cream all the time. Can't imagine what their actual food tastes like!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Haven't had their burgers in a long time (I remember them being good by cheap crappy fast food standards) but their chicken tender basket is pretty good. How hard is it to fuck up a chicken tender basket though?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Their chili cheese dogs are surprisingly good. Better than Sonic's, by any chance.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Laz said:
Their chili cheese dogs are surprisingly good. Better than Sonic's, by any chance.
I disagree. Maybe it's just the DQ around here but they use slices of American cheese on theirs and fuck that noise.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My punch card had ONE MORE punch before my free chicken tender basket, and both DQs here shut down. The next closest one doesn't honor the punch card because it's printed by the owners of the local franchises.

First world...yadda yadda

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/olive-garden-pasta-pass-man-eats-95-times_n_6101298.html
I am WAY MORE proud of these guys who tried to get the most out of their $100, seven week Never Ending Pasta Pass at Olive Garden than ANYONE I heard about on Election Day.

olive-garden.gif