Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Not a cancellation, but NBC renewed “Good Girls” despite the fact that it isn’t exactly a ratings juggernaut.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Preacher is also ending after this next season. The show had gotten much better, but I feel like the first season was so bad it turned people off and they never returned.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gary said:
Not a cancellation, but NBC renewed “Good Girls” despite the fact that it isn’t exactly a ratings juggernaut.

They seem to have one show every year they renew despite having awful ratings and okay reviews. In 2017 it was Great News and last year was AP Bio. Them renewing Good Girls seems to signify that AP Bio is getting cancelled this year since the ratings have gotten worse somehow. I like this trend more than Fox dumping all of their shows that get good reviews.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lol Fox renewed "Last Man on Earth". That show is never going to die

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You mean Last Man Standing?

Or did Last Man on Earth get brought back after being cancelled?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Mayor of Flavortown said:
Gary said:

They seem to have one show every year they renew despite having awful ratings and okay reviews. In 2017 it was Great News and last year was AP Bio. Them renewing Good Girls seems to signify that AP Bio is getting cancelled this year since the ratings have gotten worse somehow. I like this trend more than Fox dumping all of their shows that get good reviews.

Well, I watch Good Girls, so I am good with this.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I watched and enjoyed the hell out of every season. Bummed out that it's not coming back, especially with how they ended the third season

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Cool Kids was cancelled by Fox

I'm kind of surprised as that seems like the type of crap that lasts 7 seasons, but the ratings fell really big from the hot start it got from following Last Man Standing. LMS actually also fell really big from the hot start it got and was doing a 0.7 in the main demo by the end of the season, but that show will never die.

The Passage was also cancelled by Fox and For The People was cancelled by ABC. My man Zack Morris can't catch a break.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ABC cancelled The Fix and The Kids Are All Right

I guess some people liked the later idk.

NBC cancelled I Feel Bad

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I saw that the Passage was also canned. This is like, Mark-Paul Gosselaar's 4th or 5th consecutive failed show.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ABC cancelled Speechless and Splitting Up Together

Jenna Fischer's free now for that Office reboot if that thing ever happens.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CBS cancels Fam, Happy Together, Murphy Brown, and Life In Pieces

Murphy Brown I thought they cancelled months ago, but wasn't official.

Life In Pieces I guess has been on since 2015, but since I don't watch any CBS I never heard of it.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
When I was a kid I associated Murphy Brown as a show for 60 year olds. Blew my mind when they thought it made sense to bring it back.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Life In Pieces was decent even if it just felt like a crass half baked spoof of Modern Family 80% of the time. The cast carried the hell out of a show that probably should've been cancelled once Jordan Peele stopped appearing on it.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Angie Tribeca cancelled at TBS

I really liked that show and it did a modern take on Naked Gun type humor way better than any film remake would, but I didn't even know it was still on. I should catch up. Every episode usually got a couple big laughs out of me.

Steve Harvey's daytime talk show is cancelled.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
legit didn't realize "Life in Pieces" was still on the air. I remember watching a bit of that during it's 1st season. It was alright I guess.

I swear Murphy Brown was cancelled last November or something. What an odd decision for a reboot

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Murphy Brown and Happy together bith had cancellations announced in Fall and haven’t aired new episodes in months so I was similarly surprised when I saw Happy Together on some lists today. That was a show that I enjoyed because I like Damon Wayans Jr a lot but was unsure how long the premise could realistically last.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fox cancelled Star

I guess people liked that one too, cause I'm seeing some pissed reactions.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
NBC announced the next season of “The Blacklist” will be its last. I’m other news, I didn’t know “The Blacklist” was still on the air.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
NBC also announced Blindspot's next season will be its last making it a pretty solid 5 year run considering it moved to Fridays for Season 3 I think.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fox cancelled something called Proven Innocent.

Only show they have left to make a decision on is The Orville.

NBC is going to wait til after the upfronts to cancel any other shows.